Fraud email received saying my shopify account been suspended

416Dragon
1 0 1

Just received an email sent from contact@shopbil.com saying my shopify account has been suspended.  Asking me to pay now.  The email look so real with shopify logo and address.

I wonder has anyone else receive such email!  I have sent shopify a message to let them know, hope they will care to investigate.  It is rather challenging to find a way to send them a message.  Hope my message reached them and if not hope this forum will get their attention.

grahamckaye
Tourist
4 0 0

i received the same email last night. definitely fraudulent, but it does look like an official shopify source. i'll be sure to double check the email source next time!

0 Likes
Hardology
1 0 1

I also received one. 

Am a little concerned how the right email and Shopify account connection was done.  Must be phished from somewhere. 

Fortunately my spam filters caught this and held it so I was paying attention. 
Simply hover over any link you ever receive and check EXACTLY where the link is taking you first before you click on it! That's always a good start to test a mail authenticity. 

Tapitbrewingco
1 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for this information. 

We had the same email.

i assume from the other replies It is 100% fraudulent?

grahamckaye
Tourist
4 0 0

Yes! 

0 Likes
grahamckaye
Tourist
4 0 0

For sure! Glad we all caught this before clicking! 

0 Likes

I just received one today. Spam folder picked it up.  "Shopify <contact@brandstore-eg.com>"   

Obviously from the email it is fraudulent.   Keep your wits about you people.  Don't give away the store.

JustMakeItWork
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1032 119 164

Hey, @Davidnikoli @416Dragon @CarolP @grahamckaye @Tapitbrewingco!  Thank you all for starting and contributing to this thread. Phishing emails are certainly cause for concern, so it’s good to hear you’ve all been highly aware of when an email is not authentic.

When you do receive a suspicious email (or if you still have the ones you’ve mentioned here), please forward it to safety@shopify.com. This way, our security team will be able to build a record of attacks directed at our merchants, and to continue to work at keeping the Shopify platform safe and secure for everyone. Additionally, I recommend reading through our Help Doc on Protecting your account against phishing. It has some helpful information about how to identify a phishing email, and some further steps you can take to ensure your account, and sensitive information remains secure.  

Thanks again for your discussion around this; We appreciate your cooperation. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

grahamckaye
Tourist
4 0 0

great! i definitely will forward along any other emails like this. thank you!

0 Likes

Thanks for the address to send future fraudulent emails.  Unfortunately I have already permanently deleted it. 

Carol

JustMakeItWork
0 Likes