Fraudulent Shopify Seller

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I recently ordered a product through a Shopify site called mcshoepiphany at https://dorgufn.myshopify.com. I paid via PayPal who immediately charged my credit card for the purchase. Since I placed the order I have heard nothing whatsoever from the seller Constance Webber. The web page no says no longer available and emails to the address listed by PayPal go unanswered. I have tried to find some way to file a complaint with Shopify, but they seem to have no method for that. Apparently, they are very supportive of their store owners, but customers are left in the wind. This site appears to be a great hangout for crooks.

Any ideas on what recourse a customer has when he has been ripped off by Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I ordered a product from you for 219.00 on the 31 of December and have heard nothing about shipping information...what is going on or do we report you to Facebook and the FBI...720 591 4312...you received payment and have confirmed number
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The same exact thing happened to me as barnmichael.  I would like to know what is going to be done about it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Still no answer from the seller. Now their email address bounces as unknown user. Got a nasty note from Shopify how they have no control over their sellers, they only provide the software and host the site. What people do with it is beyond their control. I filed a complaint with PayPal. They said after multiple attempts they were unable to contact the seller, so they closed the case in my favor and will refund my money. It may take up to 30 days to receive the refund. I certainly will not ever do business with Shopify again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for letting me know. They got me twice. I will follow up with
PayPal. I’m glad you got your money back.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I pushed PayPal.  I found out that the seller sent me a package through USPS.  It was a small white envelope containing wire clips worth about $2.00 retail, when I should have received a 11' X 18.5' storage shed purchased at $139.89.  How it was pointed out to PayPal that it was not possible to have shipped and left in or at my mailbox?  Size.  USPS states that International First Class boxes cannot be more than 24" in length.  Remember my item was 18.5' in length.  More than 12 times the acceptable length.  The item would not have even fit on a USPS truck.  Once I pointed out the discrepancy they had no other option but to open the case back up.  I am awaiting a letter from the USPS Investigative Services for the confirmation letter to get my money back.

You have to be the investigator and look under every rock.  And just because they say no at first, don't take that as your final.  Fight for them to be aware and to fight for the buyer and not the seller.

0 Likes