Free Delivery

Solved
brew22
Tourist
12 0 1

I have shipping set up to be free for orders over X amount.  However when someone places an order for this amount, all that happens is a new option appears for "free" delivery during checkout. 

Is there a way, that when an order meets the free delivery requirements, it just automatically applies free delivery without the customer having to choose it?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 274

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @brew22!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to see that you are offering free shipping over a certain dollar amount. This is a great way to generate more sales and increase your average order value. 

As long as an order meets the requirements for any of your shipping rates, those particular rates will be available in the checkout. In other words, if you have shipping rates that apply to orders that are over "X" amount, then customers will have the option to select them. There is currently no way to to automatically select a free shipping rate if available. 

However, you can edit your other shipping rates so that they only apply to orders up to a certain amount. Here's what this could look like: 

20-12-0xlf6-nwn9a

In this scenario, orders up to $49.99 will have a $5 shipping cost applied. If an order is $50 and up, the customer will only see the Free Shipping rate. This is because the Standard Shipping rate will not apply to orders over $49.99. 

Hopefully this workaround provides you with a solid solution! Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much if customers are still seeing other rates in the checkout; it's highly unlikely that a customer will intentionally choose a paid shipping option over the Free Shipping rate. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
helmer
3 0 0

1.JPG2.JPGIt looks like this although it is free shipping, how do I change them. @Julie

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 274

Hey, @helmer!

Thanks for the screenshots.

If you want to change specific wording on your online store, you'll just need to head over to the Language Editor. The Language Editor allows you to change the wording in your theme, making it easy to give your online store a custom look and feel. For example, you can change "Cart" to "Shopping bag", or "Sold out" to "Unavailable".

To access the Language Editor, just head on over to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages. You'll then notice a field to filter your search. If you do a filtered search for "calculated at next step” you'll notice a section under Checkout & system for the Shipping default value with the "calculated at next step" messaging. 

You should also notice the "Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout" messaging show up under the Cart / General section right below. This is what it will look like:

21-02-g120t-8cc9e

You'll just want to edit the applicable sections. Once that's done and saved, you should notice the update immediately on your online store. The Language Editor is a great tool to change any default wording in your theme, so feel free to explore it a bit and see if there's any other wording you'd like to change up.

I hope this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes