Free Shipping (2) Questions??

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi all! I just set up 'free shipping' in my shop. What is the best way to promote your free shipping besides adding a banner? 
Also, is it possible to put Free Shipping beside or beneath each of your products? If so, how would I do that? I appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @lovica 

Eunice here from the Social care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd love to help you with both of your questions:

Ways to promote free shipping

There are many ways to promote free shipping on your store besides using a banner. I'll go through some of your options:

Pop up notification
If you don't like the look of the banner, but still want to advertise free shipping somewhere on your store, then consider creating a pop-up notification. With the use of a third-party app, such as Poptin you'll be able to design a pop-up notification to promote your free shipping offer. They're such a great tool, especially as you can also add an email capture box to your pop-ups too.

Email subscribers
Build a customer email list and send free shipping offers directly to their inbox. You can do this with Shopify Email or a third-party email marketing app such as Seguno. Email marketing is such a simple yet effective tool to get your message and brand out there; we're checking our emails once, if not multiple, times a day.

Promote on Social Media
Do you have an Instagram page or Facebook page for your business? You can create really cool posts to advertise free shipping on your social pages using the design tool, Canva. It's free to use and helps you go from Instagram novice to content creator pro in just minutes.

Paid ads
If you really want to get the word out there then paid ads are the way to go. Seems rather counterintuitive, but if you know your target market this can really pay off. Not sure who your target market is? I recommend taking the free 'Niche It!' course by Shopify Compass. In this course, you'll learn how to create your customer avatar and find your perfect niche.

How to add custom text to product pages

The easiest way to add custom text to your product pages is to add it to the product description. If you have many products with free shipping then you might want to edit your product descriptions in bulk. This would require exporting your Products as a CSV File. From here, you can change the description of each product in the third column "Body (HTML)" and when completed, you can Import the CSV back into Shopify. This will overwrite your current Product descriptions. 

Alternatively, you could look into customizing your theme to accommodate adding text via the theme editor. Which theme are you using? If you're using a Shopify free theme and you're on the Basic Shopify plan or higher, then you can contact Shopify Support to receive 60 minutes of complimentary design support. Within the 60 minute allocation, we can customize your free Shopify free theme to allow you to advertise free shipping on particular products, along with the tool to turn this on/off as you please.

If you're using a third-party theme, I advise to contact the theme developer for support and advice or check up their documentation to see if such customization is possible.

Hope this all helps! Is there a particular reason why you don't want to display a banner to advertise free shipping? Do you already have a banner advertising something else, or just not keen on the aesthetics?

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi Eunice, 

Thank you so much for your help and all this valuable information. 
The only reason I'm not too keen on banners is simply because I want to add my own custom banner to all my pages.
You provided several options. I'm thinking I might go with a pop-up if it isn't annoying to customers. Thank you for suggesting the name of a pop up.
I still have no idea how to add my own banner to my pages. I sure could use help with that too. lol   Oh yes, I am using Debut and I do have a basic plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

Hi, @lovica 

You are most welcome, good choice with the pop-up! For sure I can help you add a banner to your Debut theme. I've added a step-by-step guide for you below:

1. From your Shopify admin head to Online Store > Themes > Debut > Customize. This will open up the theme editor which you can see pictured below. Click on Header:

koj11-7jk0k

Scroll down until you reach the announcement bar section on the left-hand side. Ensure you have 'show announcement' checked to show the banner, and 'home page only' unchecked so you can see the banner on every page throughout your store. You can choose what you'd like to announce in your banner here, and also change the color of the banner background and text:

6j1p3-9k2r1

Don't forget to hit save! I hope this helps. If you have any difficulty let me know here.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi Eunice.
Thank you so much for helping me. I already have a large size header on my Home page. I just need help with placing my customized banner on the other pages. 
This is the image of the banner that I want to place on all my "other pages"  1920px x 300px

page.banner.jpg

Thanks again Eunice!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi again Eunice,
I'm not having a problem putting the Shopify Banner on my pages or adding text to it. I already know how to do that. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to add my own custom designed banner on each page in my shop.  Below, is the image of the banner I am trying to insert at the top of each of my pages. This banner is the same as, the Home Page Header image, except narrower.  
I really appreciate your help. I sure hope I haven't confused you. 

page.banner.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

My apologies for the confusion here. For sure, we can help with this! If you're on the Basic Shopify plan or higher and are using a Shopify free theme then you can receive 60 minutes of complimentary design support. Not all customizations are supported, but I've checked with our Themes team and this one is.  Because you're using the free Debut theme, all that's left is to confirm your plan and your available design time. I've gone ahead and contacted you via your community email address. Just respond to me there and we'll start the ball rolling.

Cheers!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi Eunice,
I would love to have you help me with placing my banners on my shop pages.
http://silkheirloomwreaths.ca     Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
61 10 13

Hi again Eunice,
My address at shopify.

silk-heirloom-wreaths.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 11

Hey there. I've just logged on and can see you've responded to my email so we'll catch up there. I'll drop a response through shortly, keep an eye out!

1 Like