Solved

Free Themes - editing the footer

torch
12 0 0

Hello

Im wondering if anyone knows about the Express Theme for the Footer on Free Thames? I cannot block it out nor write anything where it says Talk About Your Business, Newsletter? Can anyone help me with this situation? 

This is in the Footer

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @torch

Thanks for the screenshot and details regarding the issue you are having. Are you able to share a screenshot from the previous theme editor menu page? Our Theme Editor was recently updated to use sections. Your screenshot is from the previous version of the editor. Please make sure your Express theme is up to date, and that your browser is up to date as well.

Once you have confirmed this, the contents of the footer can be edited through the theme editor. Here are the steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
  2. Go to Online Store > Themes
  3. Click Customize next to your current theme (Express)
  4. From the left side-bar menu, click Footer
  5. Below Footer, click the different blocks to edit the content
    In this case, the blocks are Text, and Newsletter sign up
  6. Once you click a block, edit the content in the right side-bar menu
  7. Don't forget to click Save when you are done

Here is a screenshot of the theme editor highlighting the footer blocks:

20-05-98917-70333

Let me know how this goes. If you are still having trouble, please reply here with screenshots of the theme editor where you are getting stuck so we can continue to troubleshoot. We have lots of help documentation on customizing your theme which I recommend looking at for more guidance. 

Lastly, I noticed that your theme says "Powered by Shopify" in the footer. If you are looking to remove or edit this text, we have a help document on how to do this. Please follow the steps in Remove 'Powered by Shopify' on your store in order to remove this text. Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

torch
12 0 0

hi

can anyone help with this, in the picture you’ll see the Talk about your Business. I can’t remove it nor write in it? Why is this?

torch_0-1626696719618.jpeg

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @torch

Thanks for the screenshot and details regarding the issue you are having. Are you able to share a screenshot from the previous theme editor menu page? Our Theme Editor was recently updated to use sections. Your screenshot is from the previous version of the editor. Please make sure your Express theme is up to date, and that your browser is up to date as well.

Once you have confirmed this, the contents of the footer can be edited through the theme editor. Here are the steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
  2. Go to Online Store > Themes
  3. Click Customize next to your current theme (Express)
  4. From the left side-bar menu, click Footer
  5. Below Footer, click the different blocks to edit the content
    In this case, the blocks are Text, and Newsletter sign up
  6. Once you click a block, edit the content in the right side-bar menu
  7. Don't forget to click Save when you are done

Here is a screenshot of the theme editor highlighting the footer blocks:

20-05-98917-70333

Let me know how this goes. If you are still having trouble, please reply here with screenshots of the theme editor where you are getting stuck so we can continue to troubleshoot. We have lots of help documentation on customizing your theme which I recommend looking at for more guidance. 

Lastly, I noticed that your theme says "Powered by Shopify" in the footer. If you are looking to remove or edit this text, we have a help document on how to do this. Please follow the steps in Remove 'Powered by Shopify' on your store in order to remove this text. Thanks! 

torch
12 0 0

Hi Hilary,

I have another problem with the Themes on Express. I want to transfer from my old page Debut to my new page Express page my reviews that I received from people. How do I go about doing that?

Thank you,

Torch

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Glad we were able to resolve your first issue. As for the product reviews, how are you currently collecting reviews? Which app are you using?

You will likely need to follow any installation instructions you followed previously for the new theme. For example, if you are using our Product Reviews App, you can follow our instructions for adding product reviews to your product page to your new theme. The same reviews you have collected will then be displayed on the new theme. If you are using a third party app, you'll need to look on the app page in the Shopify App Store, or the app developers website for their specific installation instructions. 

torch
12 0 0

Hi Hilary

im using two apps one is product reviews and the other is helpfulcrowd. I have most of them on helpfulcrowd and on the them Debut I was able to type the reviews in that theme. It seems I can’t do that with the new theme Express. I see that it transferred the star rating over on one of my products. How can I type the reviews in or transfer them over to the new theme? Should I delete the helpfulcrowd app? I just want one review app and to make it easier on me and my clients to write reviews. I just remembered that when I just used the product review app you could only give a review on the products page clients would have to go in and put the review like they were buying the product and I thought that was strange.

can you help me with this issue?

Thank you

Torch

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

I agree that having one app will be best way to manage your reviews and ensures that leaving / finding a review is easy for your customers. 

As for which app you prefer to use, this will be up to you. If there were features you were not happy with using Shopify's Product Reviews app, that is helpful knowledge that I can pass on to our development team. If you decide to use our app, you will need to follow the instructions I linked in my previous reply here in order to add the reviews to your new theme. You can also import reviews to our app using a CSV file to bring them over from the other app. 

If you have any issues with these steps, let me know where you are getting stuck, and we can take it from there. 

Alternatively, if you are happy with the Helpfulcrowd Product Reviews Review App, you can certainly continue forward with that app. For assistance with moving the reviews to your new theme, I recommend reaching out to them directly for support. Since this is a third-party app developed by them, they will be the resource for help. Their contact details can be found on the app page, they list a phone number: 1 (415) 992-7520, or email: team@helpfulcrowd.com. Their help documentation can be found here as well. 

Let us know what you decide, and how this goes!