Free Themes with Quick View?

Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 3

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a feature rich free theme that has the option to choose variants and add to cart from the collection page by clicking on a "quick view" button on the product image.

Does anyone know of a free theme that offers this feature please?

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 173 575

😆

I am always looking for a low mileage '69 Honda CB 750 Four in mint condition for under $1000 but... yeah anyway.

Kidding aside, I am not aware of any free theme that comes with said features out-of-the-box. There is a reason why there is a theme store and why theme vendors demand a premium on price for such features. You can however modify any of the free Shopify themes to have such a feature by either coding it yourself, looking for people who have already done that or similar, or hiring a Shopify Expert (though in that case, buying a theme would likely be cheaper).

I understand this may not be what you're after, but like I said, as far as I am aware, you won't have other options - feature rich themes come at a cost just about like any other goods or services.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 3

Thanks for your comments.

I am not adverse to paying for a theme I paid for the last 4 I just though I would throw the question out there as you never know what shopify might have thrown into their free themes since I last used one which was around 6 years ago... Brooklyn I believe.

I dont suppose you would know of hand which paid for themes might include a quick view / quick buy feature to save me scouring and messaging 30+ theme developers.

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 173 575

There are probably quite a few. Haven't used any so cannot judge about overall quality based on first hand experience. That said, I'd consider Shella by @MPI_themes since they're also active here on the forums which without constantly flogging their goods p.s. no affiliation with them whatsoever, just the first one that popped in to my mind. Empire is another one. In fact, searching the theme store for quick view narrows down the results a little.

But like I said, ultimately I haven't tried or used any of these.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
560 36 80

Hey, Charles.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team at Shopify.

If you are looking for the ability for Quick Buy on the collection page that is unfortunately only available on the free themes. With that being said, however, you can add the Quick View ability to the collection page by adding an app.

Are all good options. Some of these are even free or have a free plan available.

If you have any more questions please do let me know!
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Thank you @KarlOffenberger

Yes. My theme has quick view feature. For homepage, for collection page, product notification popup. It also have many other feature without monthly fee.

Best regards, Mari

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 3

That is awesome, Ill check out your site.. the most important thing for this site is that clients can do full variant selection and add to cart from collection view.

Thanks so much.

Charles

1 Like

Thank you. Theme has lot's of interesting features :)

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes