Free Trial Enquiry

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi there! So I started my free trial on Aug 11, and it is supposed to end on the 25th. According to the free trial page on the Shopify Help Center, it says that "If you want to cancel your Shopify account during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then you don't need to take any action."

When I went to check what my current plan is, it says "
Basic Shopify/Monthly" with Status being "Active". Is this supposed to say free trial instead of "Basic Shopify/Monthly"? I am unsure if my account is still on the trial status and I am afraid I would be charged on the 25th. Is there a way to check if my account is still on trial, and if not any way to cancel before being charged?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
324 9 35

Hi, @Moweyy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Great question. Sounds like you've selected a plan while you're on your trial, which means that you still are technically on your trial; however, you can start making sales now since you've selected a plan. You can read more about our free trials here.  

When you select a plan during your trial, you will not be billed until your trial has ended. If you do not wish to move forward with your store, make sure you close your store before your trial ends, otherwise you will be billed. You can view your upcoming invoice details under Settings > Billing. 

If you'd like me to confirm your account details for you, just let me know and I'll shoot you an email!

Hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey @Elle !

Thanks for the quick response. I've closed my store as instructed. Could you help me check my account details just to confirm that I've properly closed my store and won't be billed, you can send me an email!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
324 9 35

Hi, @Moweyy 

You're very welcome!

I'll be in touch via email momentarily. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Cheers,
Elle

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Elle ,

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
324 9 35

Hi, @Moweyy 

You're very welcome! 

Our support is here to help if you have any other questions. 

Hope you have a great week, 
Elle

0 Likes