Free gift with purchase

enilon
1 0 0

Rita, how do we hide the free product from the store?

0 Likes
kbeautyblossom
Tourist
8 0 3

You can change the product status from "Active" to "Draft". 

0 Likes
Juliacam
1 0 0

As for me, that is some great piece of advice! I guess not so many sites give away gifts because they don't know how to properly make it appealing to consumers. Or they give gifts that people don't really need, even for free I've once received a gift from a company I've been working for which was a coffee mug with the logo of the company. Well, at least something useful Though, I cannot imagine receiving a gift like for example the one my sister gave me recently, a rubik's cube from https://www.myphotomugs.com/collections/photo-rubikscube with personalized photos on it. It would be weird if a company would give away something symbolic with no actual use

0 Likes
creamcornwall
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi

Not sure if you can help, I hope so! We've placed a magazine ad telling the reader that if they enter a code at checkout they will receive a free gift. Just spent the afternoon trying to work out how, a/ we could have been so stupid as to do this without trying it out first and b/ realising that Shopify or the other app we use, Ultimate Special Offers won't work. 
So unless we can find something that does work we will have to give away the gift to every customer who does the minimum spend or ignore it abnd hope people get in tocuh.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Best

Rebecca

0 Likes
Ben31
Explorer
56 2 33

Hi Rebecca,

Unfortunately, the gift won't get added automatically even if it's setup as an automatic discount in Shopify (yes, I know).

The customer has to add the qualifying product AND the gift to the cart, then the gift will 'automatically' show as being free.

This is painful for the customer plus sometimes the gift is not something you sell on your store.

There are lots of 'free gift with purchase apps' but unfortunately all of them have cons depending on what you're looking for. So you have to install them, test them, and remove them one-by-one to work out which is best for you.

The situation is frankly ridiculous because auto-adding a gift to the cart is not a premium feature in 2021, it's a requirement.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

Cheers

Ben

0 Likes
creamcornwall
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Ben, 

It's crazy, Should be such a simple thing, can't believe we can't do this!

Best

Rebecca

0 Likes