Free products

Ange3
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello!

Is there a way to disable the checkout for free products?

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

Hey, @Ange3!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community! 

While there isn't a setting in Shopify that can disable the checkout for a product based on it's price, I'm interested to hear more about your situation to see if we can find a solution. There are some methods of preventing a product from going through the checkout. A few examples are hiding it from your online store, reducing the inventory to 0 or a combo of the two. I'm getting the impression however that you still want customers to be able to order this product in some fashion. Please reply back here and tell me a bit more about your end goal. I'm happy to brainstorm some ideas with you.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ange3
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello @Ash. Thanks for responding to my post.

My store is made up of free digital products. But to be able to download them you have to subscribe to an offer which is not free. I would like that when a customer who has already subscribed to an offer connects, he can directly download the product without going through the steps "Billing address" and "payment".

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

Hey, @Ange3!

Thank you for the additional explanation of your goal. When a digital file is set up as a digital product, the only way for a customer to receive it will be to add it to cart, and proceed through the checkout as they normally would, regardless if the product is free or not. However, I have an idea that will potentially help get around this! 

My suggestion is to use an application like Locksmith or EasyLockdown to create a section of your website that has restricted access. Rather than having your files added as digital products, this section of your site could contain download links for the files. Once a customer pays for a subscription, you can grant them access to the locked section of the site, and then they have access to download the files without going through the checkout again. 

Let me know what you think of this idea, or if you have any others you'd like to discuss. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes