Free shipment rate default

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey,

I have 2 shipping rates - one is a free rate for self-delivery (customers can come to the store and take the products).

The other is a paid delivery rate.

I want the paid delivery to appear first and to be checked by default but I can't find that option.

Both are for the same country.

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
657 60 129

Hey there, @Kuventfy 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really good question. Currently, there is no way to manually order the shipping rates in checkout - they will always default to show the least expensive first; free shipping in this case. I will most definitely bring this as feedback to our developers to consider. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

We have this same exact issue and NEED it resolved. We give customers the options to give us their account number for shipping for shipping collect. When a customer gives us the number where prompted they then click the free shipping collect option, no problem, works great. If a customer doesn't give us a shipping account number we NEED the shipping to default to the paid options we provide. This is an embarrassing problem to keep explaining to people who don't read our instructions well enough and thin they are getting free shipping. We end up cancelling orders over and over again and loosing customers who think our checkout process isn't clear/doesn't work which means that Shopify's checkout process ins't clear/doesn't work.

We NEED to have the shipping default to the paid options no the free option. When will this be available

Please help

0 Likes