Free shipping and % discount together

Highlighted
1 0 0

Like many larger stores, we would like to create a storewide promotion offering a percentage discount and free shipping together in the same offer. Can this be done in Shopify? Obviously they can be offered separately as different promo codes, but this is not very flexible and does not achieve the desired end. Am I missing something obvious?

-David  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 0 22

Hey David,

David here, Shopify Guru!

I'm afraid it is not currently possible to have 2 discounts applied to a single product/order nor is it possible to combine the free shipping and percentage discount in this way. I realize that time of year is sales season and I completely understand what you are trying to achieve so there are some workarounds using apps!

Since you are offering a storewide promotion, you could look at the Sales Rack app which allows you to batch update Prices or Compare at prices, either to a percentage or to fixed amounts. You could then create a Free Shipping discount to be used with this.

If you are only looking to offer these cheaper prices to certain customers then you could create VIP Pricing using the Customer Pricing app so that only some customers will see the sales price.

Hope that helps, feel free to drop us a line at support@shopify.com if you have any other questions :)

David Mc | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey David,

If you are still looking for a solution on this, please let me know and we can get you setup. Full solution allows you to add a free shipping option when any discount is applied. Feel free to email me directly at max@bentosmb.com.

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I would be interested in a solution for Shipping/Discount codes in the same one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1156 72 239

Hey, Kenny. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Please add my vote to this request as well    Any chance an announcement of this feature will be pending soon?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Peter,

Please add my vote to having this added to Shopify. It would seem the the x/y discount should work if the x was product and the y was free shipping.

This feature would be very helpful with my current programs.

-Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 3 0

The app Upsell Cross‑Sell Smart Tool can help you with this:

Automatically show upsell and cross-sell products when your customers click “Add to cart” or “Checkout” to boost sales via product upsells.

Create discounted upsell and cross-sell products such as buy X get Y, get free shipping, percentage and fixed amount.

Create more opportunities to show upsell and cross-sell products to your customers to increase the value of orders and make more money.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
112 2 13

Hi there,

Sorry for being a little late here. I think the article How to create free shipping discount on Shopify may help you with your problems.

Thank me later ^^

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I do not think this will allow me to have a code he will allow a discount AND free shipping with the use of that code. Unless is as been changed without my knowledge.

-Bill
0 Likes