Free shipping discount

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 2

I have free shipping set up for orders over $35, but i dont want it to combine with any other discounts. Does anyone know how to do that? I tried use the automatic discount, but it said i can only use one at a time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @MaxxVE!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Great question! It sounds like you're adding this is as a discount option, but did you know you can offer free shipping in your shipping settings? You can set the conditions (i.e. free shipping over $35) and that way, your customers can receive another discount listed in your discounts. This is a great way to offer free shipping, as you can only apply one discount to an order without the help of an app.

To set up free shipping, follow these steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Next to the shipping profile where you want to add a free shipping rate, click Manage rates.
  3. Next to the zone where you want to add a free shipping rate, click Add rate.
  4. Enter the name for the rate.
  5. Make sure that the value of the Price field is 0.
  6. Optional: Add weight-based or value-based conditions.
    • Click Add conditions.
    • Select whether to base the condition on order weight or value.
    • Enter the minimum and maximum value for the condition.
  7. Click Done, and then click Save.

To learn more about offering free shipping in your shipping settings, we have a great guide that walks you through adding it as a default, weight-based or price-based rates. You can even set up free shipping for specific products or customers. Check out the guide here: https://bit.ly/3e1FdId.

As I alluded to earlier, you can only one discount at a time using Shopify's built-in discount tool. If you'd prefer to offer free shipping as a discount, but still allow customers to use other discounts, then you'll need the help of apps from the Shopify App Store. I've recommended some below, but you can find a full list here.

Discount apps come with some other added benefits too.

Unlimited Bundles & Discounts
* Free plan available.
* Setup Product Bundles with different types of discounts that increases the Conversion Rate of your Shopify Store.
* ZERO coding required.

Volume & Tiered Discounts
* Free plan available. 14-day free trial for paid plans.
* Boost order value and sales for your store by incentivizing visitors to add more items to their cart.
* Start making more money right away with quantity breaks & volume discount offers based on how many products a customer buys on your store.

If you do need any further guidance on this, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes