Free shipping for orders over a $ amount

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Just launched my site and I want to offer free shipping on orders that are $250 and over. I'm afraid I can't figure it out. I only see the option to discount on a shipping rate that is LESS than or EQUAL to a specified amount. 

Any ideas how to achieve what I want?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 51

Hey Mark!

You can just create a new 'price based' shipping rate for $250 and up with a shipping rate of $0.00. That will allow you to give free shipping to orders in your shop over that price.

Here's the relevant doc for your perusal:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/4-shipping/4-shipping-rates

Let me know what you think!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

matthew.buttler@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Wow, thanks! I was looking at it the wrong way around. Your solution makes perfect sense.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Is the order value before tax?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey @BrianFukumoto,

Yes, the value will be based on the subtotal of the items in the customer cart.  It does not include discounts applied to the cart either.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
238 11 15

Hi

I think this step by step guide on offer free shipping over a set dollar amount may help you solve your issue. 

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I wanted to add different shipping rates for my local delivery. My use case is that I wanted to offer free local delivery to customers whose order value is more than Rs. 250. And charge Rs. 30 for others. How can I achieve this in a local delivery option?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 2

Thanks for the clarification

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store speed optimized
0 Likes