Free trial doesn't show orderds ?

Laur
2 0 0

Hello, was wondering if i still use the shopify free trial i can't see orders ? because on the orders tab it says "

To receive your first order, enable checkout by selecting a plan. You won’t be charged until the end of your trial."

so my question is, if i get an order can i still see it even if i dont have a plan or i need to buy a plan to see the order cause i have like 100 views on my product and i was wondering if i dont have any orders at all or just i need to pick up a plan to even be able to see my orders

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 92

Hey Laur, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Great question! So when you're using the free trial, you will see the message that says "To receive your first order, enable checkout by selecting a plan. You won’t be charged until the end of your trial." This is because during your free trial, your store is password protected (meaning your customers can't see your store without entering a password on the first page) and your checkout is turned off (meaning that no orders can be processed). 

So during this trial time, there haven't been any orders, however, if you pick a plan and enter in your billing details now, your checkout will turn on and your password page will turn off. You will be able to get orders, and we still won't charge you until the official end date of your 14 day trial. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Laur
2 0 0

Yes but if they know the password and place a order am i able to see it or its hidden until i actually buy a plan, like they place an order and will the site still says i have no orders? even if i cant checkout them

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 92

Hey Laur, 

So if people know your storefront password, they will be able to head into your store to browse, but until you buy a plan, your checkout will be turned off. So when people try to checkout they will get an error and they will not be able to place an order. Once you pick a plan though, your checkout will be activated and people will be able to complete their orders :)

Let me know if that's more clear! 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
orlandapj
1 0 0

Good evening! I'm a bit confused because I didn't know that you couldn't receive orders until you pay for a plan until now. 

I used a venmo card to buy a tea bag on my site for $2 just to test it and I was actually charged.  Does this mean I am able to recieve other orders before I pay for the plan? Or is it a glitch? Was hoping for some clarity. I love shopify and will be paying for a plan next.  I just wanted to ask. Thank you!

0 Likes