Frontend: Edit Product Link

Highlighted
20 0 0

Hi everyone,

When I am signed in is there any way to click on a link from a frontend product page to edit that product, or do I need to log into the backend and click on products that way to make the edits?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 0 4

Hi there!

To edit your products, you'll need to log into your shops admin and edit the product from the back end of the shop. There isn't a way to edit the product information from the front end of the shop. 

Hope that helps :)

Liz (@Lizzymac) | Shopify Training & Onboarding
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi!  I noticed about a week ago that I now have a banner at the bottom of my screen on the front end that provides a direct link to the collection or product's shopify page so I can make edits.  No one else in my store has this, so I was wondering if  you could provide any insight to it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi!  I noticed about a week ago that I now have a banner at the bottom of my screen on the front end that provides a direct link to the collection or product's shopify page so I can make edits.  No one else in my store has this, so I was wondering if  you could provide any insight to it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hi, @annie-reddress!

Sunny here and I would be happy to shed some light on this banner that you're seeing at the very bottom of your Shopify store.

First thing I want to mention to ease any worry, I can confirm that you are the only one who can see this banner. Your customers do not see this banner and that is because they don't have the login credentials for your shop. Your computer has recognized that you have access to this website, so the banner appears at the bottom of the page to make it easier for you to edit your shop without having to open a brand new browser or tab. Our goal is to save you as much time as possible and we don't want you to waste time entering your email and password each time you want to check or edit your Shopify Admin. 

If you were to visit your website on a computer that does not recognize your shop's login information, you will not see this banner. As soon as you login for the first time on a new computer, it will recognize your info and the banner will appear for easy access. Does this help clear up any confusion? If I misunderstood at all, I apologize and am still happy to continue assisting to ensure you are happy with the outcome.

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Sunny

Thank you so much for your quick response!  Does the fact that the banner appears for me mean that even if I were to close the banner, it would reappear next time I open a  tab with the front end of the store?  

I was also wondering if there is a way to make this appear for my coworkers.  We each use the same computer every day, but I'm the only one who has the banner. Is there a to turn the banner on and off? 

Thanks,

Annie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hi, Annie and you're very welcome!

To answer your questions, if you were to close the banner by clicking on the X as shown in my screenshot below:

15-58-wya2o-upzil

You will notice the banner disappear and minimize to the bottom left-hand side of your screen, which looks like the screenshot below. If you click on the Shopify circle, the banner will reappear. 

15-57-y7b3a-zrvq4

I double checked with my Theme's team about your second question and they were able to confirm that there is no current way to turn this banner on or off since it's coded into the platform. I would suggest logging out of your admin when you're not using it, just like you would with other sensitive information (i.e. banking, Facebook, email, etc).

This would be the safest bet if you didn't want anyone to have the ability to use the quick link to access the back-end of your shop. If you do want your coworkers to have the ability to use the banner, they just need to either be logged in as the account owner or as a staff on the account. 

Let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Best,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm logged in to my store and I don't see either the banner at the bottom or the shopify logo/circle, but my co-worker does.  Any reason that could be happening?  Also, I'm logged in as a collaborator, not sure if that matters or not.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hey, @kmoloo!

As far as I know, this banner should still appear even if you're a staff or collaborator and not just the Account Owner. Do you know if you have partial permissions for this shop or do you have full permissions? I wonder if that would have anything to do with it. 

For troubleshooting purposes, I would try logging out of the collaborator account, clear the cache and cookies, restart the browser and then give it another shot. Let me know if you still can't see the banner after following those instructions.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi!  My coworkers still don't have the banner across the bottom of their pages.  I was curious and did a little bit of 'experimentation.' 

I found that no matter what I did, I still had the banner.  UNTIL I cleared all of my internet history, cookies, the whole cache.  Since then (a little over a month now) I have not had the banner re-appear.  It is my best guess that I had it before my coworkers because of the fact that I am on different parts of the front and back end more: I have more page visits than them. 

I have tried desperately since then to get the banner back, but I have not been able to figure out how to do so!  

-Annie

0 Likes