Frustrating contacting Shopify

RyanIRM
5 0 0

Why is it so difficult to contact Shopify as a paying customer? Every time I go to get the support I am either pointed to the community or the knowledgebase.

It's very frustrating to see SaaS/Tech companies employing minimal staff, often on minimal wages and not providing customers with proper service.

The support I need can't be provided by a community. And I would prefer to deal with a human being. 

Oh, FYI I work in IT. 

So, if there is any Shopify staff on this community, can you share an email address which I can use to raise a ticket. Because the default support button on my admin doesn't take me to an email form option. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Hi, @RyanIRM,

Hank here from Shopify.

First off, thank you for the feedback, I will certainly share this with our internal departments so that we can improve. We pride ourselves on our high level of support, but I agree that due to these uncertain times that we are in, wait times are an issue across all of our support pages, and a change to the help center may be the reason for what you have explained.

Our live support teams are still available from the help center, and depending on wait times, you may be given the option of a call back from one of our team rather than waiting on hold. But last year we have moved some phone conversations to online chats and email to help serve our merchants faster.

Note that throughout the pandemic we have been actively hiring to help provide the high level of support that you have been used to, and that again is something we truly cherish. I understand that you are frustrated about trying to get through to support, and even through the use of the forums I can help you with most non-account-related issues as I want to help you get any issue resolved, that’s what I’m here for.

If needing to discuss your account, then you would indeed need to reach the live support teams as we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the help center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you search for a document, it will try to provide answers to your query, but if you do not find the answer, or require further assistance, you can click continue to get support below.

16-30-9o0yr-5qmac

If it is not specific account-related information is needed would you like to take a minute to explain the issues you are facing and then I can help support you further? Or if you are happy reaching out to our live teams using the above link, that is perfectly fine also.

Once more, thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your patience during this time.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RyanIRM
5 0 0

I did all of those things. If you are in the UK, maybe because it's the hours, but half the time I want to contact support, those options are greyed out.

I am not new to Shopify, although I have returned to shopify after a few years away using other platforms. I wanted to give shopify another try. I have to pay to try it since I had a sight already. 

So, what I am saying is that I have been able to contact shopify staff via chat, email and phone before, on many occasions. It just now feels very frustrating.

Anyway, someone from shopify emailed out of the blue, it could be related to this thread. Thanks.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thank you for the additional context.

I can confirm that Shopify's support is 24/7 so the options should never be greyed out for you. We have heard reports of this from some users, that was a result of a localized issue like the browser or device being used. Can you try opening the help center using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

I am happy to hear you have gotten an email from the support team, and I have passed your feedback onto our internal teams to improve the natural flow of the help center.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RyanIRM
5 0 0

And I can also confirm that I logged into Incongito mode in a different browser and it did not work.

This is my final try, can you get someone to contact me. Otherwise, I have to just give up and cancel my subscription. It should not be this difficult to contact customer service. It's beyond a joke. 

0 Likes
RyanIRM
5 0 0

All I want is to send a simple support ticket and for a human being to deal with it. Even if they can't solve it that's fine. At least I'll know my $30 I paid to join paid for one support ticket. Right now, I am in minus, both in money and time wasted looking into making it work. In the week or so I have been trying contact Shopify, I setup and activated a Square account, connected it to third party integration and I have been able to contact support multiple times. 

I have paid already, otherwise I would have given up on this a long time ago. 

0 Likes