Fulfill order with customer courier - myHermes

Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 14

Hi,

We are using myHermes as one of our shipping providers, & have changed the template for shipping notifications to reflect a 'custom' courier.

However the tracking codes also get recognised as Canada Post, now we get two tracking links in the email sent to customers!

I don't want to remove the automatic detection as we also use Royal Mail - Any suggestions?

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes we are also having the same problem in UK, Shopify doesn't recognise MyHermes tracking number and it should be automatic. 

Tom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 0 9

Hey Tom and Michael!

I'll touch base with you both now via email to get the ball rolling.  It's the first I've heard of, so it could be that the development team is not aware as well.  I'll bring it to their attention and we'll see about getting this addressed.

Thanks for the heads up!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi

Having the same issue so would be good to know what happened with this.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 0 9

Hi Hamish,

We've got an ongoing feature request to have MyHermes added to the list of shipping carriers, so I've upvoted that on your behalf to represent your need for it, and added your email to the notification list.  So when there are any updates made to that request, you'll be notified.

In the meantime, if MyHermes is the only shipping carrier you're using, you can edit your Shipping Confirmation and Update notifications (under Settings => Notifications in your admin) to represent MyHermes manually:

• Represent the fulfillment tracking company in the Order Confirmation by replacing this bit of code with 'via Hermes': click
  • Provide the link to MyHermes' tracking site ( https://www.myhermes.co.uk/tracking-results.html ) also in the Order Confirmation: click
  • Repeat the same two steps for the Shipping Update notification: click

Hope that helps!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Any chance of City Link and Interlink Express as well? It's a pain as we use both City Link and Interlink Express so we can't use the shipping confirmation edit method

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Since Shopify is having issues in understanding the carrier, you can try an app like the Shipment tracking & notify.

The app supports all the major carriers. Once you have the carrier account credentials and API keys, the integration with the carriers can be easily done in the app. 

Once this is done, you will be able to automate your tracking process. The app automatically sends the tracking notification to your customers regarding the package. Also, you get an integrated tracking lookup page, by which your customers can track their product from your store.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted

Sometimes, tracking codes are not recognised correctly. Although this is a known issue, right now, the only way to circumvent it is by using an app that tracks shipments. However, a solution only for tracking may be a bit too much. Ideally it should also include features like rates, labels, manifests, etc. Going with a complete solution like the Multi Carrier Shipping label app should work out for you. Our team are definitely interested in both Royal Mail as well as MyHermes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I Use MyHermes, DHL and National Pallets - why cant we edit the list of carriers we use in our own stores??

0 Likes