Get Customers account activation links

Nadeem_plsa
Tourist
5 0 1

HI,

we would like to have all the customers created accounts activation link and want to send separately by using our email template or mail merge. is this possible? if yes, then how can we achieve this.?

Thanks
Nadeem

Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 98 155

Hi @Nadeem_plsa,

Hyde here from Shopify.

When a customer creates an account an activation link is sent to them from the Settings > Notification section of the store.

You can edit those notifications to customize the account activation message being sent to your customer:

20-02-j2zzf-x3f44

Something to consider could be using an email marketing app from the Shopify App store to send targeted campaigns and account messages to your customers. You can see some of the most popular ones below:

I hope this answers your question. If you have any others, I'm happy to help!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
229 1 117

@Hyde wrote:

When a customer creates an account an activation link is sent to them from the Settings > Notification section of the store.

This is somewhat misleading.

Shopify does not offer email verification during registration for new customer records. By default, when a customer registers for an account on the storefront they immediately gain access to their account. This presents a problem for certain members-only stores or wholesale businesses.

However, if someone tries to create an account using an email address that is already linked to a customer record (email subscribers, customers, etc.) that customer is required to verify their email before creating an account in order to avoid a malicious party gaining access to someone else's order history (or other information) without actually having access to that email address. This security measure prevents malicious parties from gaining access to someone else's order history (or other information) without actually having access to that email address.

To enable customer email verification as part of the customer registration process you can use the Customer Fields app. where you can easily require email verification for all new customer accounts. For more information, see How to enable email verification using the Customer Fields app.

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields ✪ 4.9/5 (242 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪ 4.7/5 (203 reviews)
0 Likes