How can I add a 'Get Directions' button to my homepage?

Motovated
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Just want to know if there is an easy way to add a "Get Directions" button/link to my homepage.

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hey, @Motovated!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

For those with brick and mortar stores, adding a "Get Directions" feature to your website is a fantastic idea. We actually have a few apps in the Shopify App Store that will allow you to do this! A few popular options I suggest checking out include: 

• Find a Store - Perfect for merchants with multiple locations, this app allows you to add multiple locations in bulk and will display each location on a map, including directions.
  • Store Locator by Storemapper - This is also a good option if you have multiple locations and offers in-depth analytics so you can see which stores are getting the most traffic. It also integrates with your Facebook Page, so you can display your location and directions there. 
  • Awesome Store Locator - This app will display directions automatically, based on your customers' geolocation. Their directions also include images from Google Street View, making it easy for customers to follow along. 
  • Genie Store Locator Map - Like the options above, this app also supports multiple locations and will display them all on a single map, along with the option to get directions. 

All of these apps have great reviews and don't require any custom code to install. They're also highly customizable and integrate directly with Google Maps, so you can rest assured knowing that customers will be getting accurate directions.

If you'd like to see the apps in action, you can access screenshots and example stores directly from each About page, right below the app description. From what I can see, all of them will allow you to add the map to either your homepage, or a standalone page that can be linked to from your main menu.

I hope this provides you with some options worth considering and I'd love to hear which app you end up choosing. Do you have more than one location? Where on the homepage are you wanting this feature to appear? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog