Getting a sidebar in my store

Tourist
4 0 1

Hello!

I wanted to know how I could get install a sidebar like that on amazon to narrow down categories in my store. Any help? I'm not sure how to find my theme either!

Hello Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.45.36 AM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
328 10 46

I've coded sections like this but it's a pretty big project so I generally defer to apps as a faster / lower cost solution.

I've used a few but my favorite is probably Product Filter & Search.

Founder of Speed Boostr - we make Shopify sites faster.
Analyze your site at analyze.speedboostr.com.
I also build custom apps, systems, and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
144 10 23

Hi, @ScampsToffee!

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question. I'd love to lend a hand to help offer some other suggestions for getting this sidebar added to your site. 

Like @JoesIdeas mentioned, it is possible to code a feature like this into Shopify themes, however this option may end up being pretty costly. Nonetheless, if you're interested in permanently adding a sidebar and filtering option to your site, I recommend speaking with Shopify Experts about this, as they will have the coding knowledge required to help implement this kind of solution. 

The app that Joe mentioned is also a great way to add this feature, and there are quite a few other apps on the Shopify App Store that offer this functionality as well, so I wanted to share some additional options with you so that you can compare the features on each app to ensure you select the best one for your business. Along with Product Filter & Search that was mentioned above, I also recommend checking out the below options: 

All of the above apps offer either free trial periods or free plan options, so I suggest trying out a few of these apps to see which integration and features you like the most for your site. 

Please keep in mind that the above apps are third party integrations made and supported by developers who are external to Shopify. With this in mind, these developers fully support their own apps, so if you have any questions about the pricing for the apps, or how to use these integrations, make sure to reach out to the developers directly for more information. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns and I'll be glad to provide further assistance! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes