Getting alot of traffic but no sales

Solved
Tourist
8 0 0

So, My traffic is rising month by month and I am getting almost 1000 views on average per month and sometimes even higher. It's just been two months of opening my store. So, I added hotjar and I found out that people are dropping right after viewing the product and some added to the cart but didn't do anything after that. I have just started using kit to re target the users to see if it does anything but any suggestions would be helpful.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 14 46

Hey, @Vervetexinc

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! What I would suggest you do is go into your store and run some test orders to troubleshoot. There might be some sort of bump in the road when your customers are going through to the checkout. Troubleshooting will help you figure out what the culprit might be. 

There are a few different methods to running test orders and testing different aspects of your storefront as well. I would suggest running a test order by using one of the processes in our handy test order guide to see if you can spot any issues. 

Another suggestion would be to go through your abandoned checkouts to see if you can spot any trending patterns, like abandoned checkouts from customers who are located in the same area. Be sure to read through our guide for recovering abandoned checkouts, here to see if you can find the culprit. 

I'm happy to look through your storefront to see if I can spot any issues as well. If you could link your store URL in a reply to this thread, then I would be happy to dig into it for you. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Karlie,

My store is https://vervetex.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 14 46

Hello again, @Vervetexinc!

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. Do you mind if I try running a test order through your storefront? I won't go all the way through the checkout, but I would like to get to the shipping page to see how the checkout flows for your customers. I would suggest you try to do a test order on your end as well. 

To run a test order, you can either use a simulated payment gateway to run the order through to your check by following this guide. Your other option would be to place a test order by using your normal payment gateway and putting a real transaction through and then refunding it. You can check out this help doc to see what steps you need to take to run a test order using a real transaction. By placing test orders through your storefront you may be able to tell why your customers aren't going all the way through with the sale. 

Have you spotted any trending aspects of your abandoned carts? Sometimes when sales don't go through it can be a case of shipping rates not being available for the customer. You can check if shipping rates are the culprit by checking your abandoned carts to see if most of the customers are based in the same location and cross-checking that information with your shipping rates in your Shopify Admin> Settings> Shipping section.

Be sure to get back to me with your findings!

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0
No, go ahead do a test order but remember to stop before paying because I
will have to refund and that's gonna be a big process.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 14 46

Hey, @Vervetexinc!

Karlie here again! I've run through a test order and I've been able to get through to the payment methods totally fine. You may see a test order in your abandoned checkouts - so you can just ignore that. So, what I would suggest doing is going through some resources that should help you improve on sales with your online store. If you have yet to make your first sale or if you have minimal conversions in your store than a good starting point would be to read through a couple of our Shopify checklists from our Shopify Blog, like How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs and How to Make Your First 10 Sales

You can then concentrate on improving your online storefront's conversion rate with Conversion Rate Optimization techniques. Conversion Rate Optimization is a way that you can improve sales that come to your store through online traffic. There are a few different guides that I would suggest you take a read through, such as; 

1 Like

Success.

Excursionist
11 1 1
I would try setting each rug up like its in a room. Add the couch, side tables and lamps etc. People might like to see how it would look altogether. Just an opinion
1 Like
Tourist
8 0 0
That's what I am working on right now.
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Added lifestyle images to the site, and also increased website speed. Let's see what changes this brings.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
47 0 7

Another area I would work on is trying to have a variety of room setups with your rug. Not everyone has a huge living room like you have in the pictures.

The more realistic, the better to convince people to know what to expect when they make a purchase from you. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
1 Like