Getting charged for inactivated stores

Solved
Aliya1234
7 0 0

Hello!

I disactivated my store for a couple months now and ended up deleting the email associated with it. I am trying to log in and delete the store but cannot do so since I do not have the email anymore. I am getting charged for some reason. Can anyone help me to log in and delete my store so i don't get charged anymore?

Thanks!

A

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
861 55 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Aliya12341

Ava here from Shopify Support.

If you're having trouble logging into an older store so you can close it down, our team will be able to authenticate you correctly so we can change the email for you to an email you do have access to. You should then be able to log in and close things down fully!

In order to do this for you, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Aliya1234
7 0 0
Hello, 

The problem is it is not letting me log into my account since the store hasn't been active and it sends a code to the expired email (I am writing this post from another account). 

Best, 
A
0 Likes
Aliya1234
7 0 0
Hello,

The problem is it is not letting me log into my account since the store hasn't been active and it sends a code to the expired email (I am writing this post from another account).

Best,
A
0 Likes
Aliya1234
7 0 0

Hello, 

Is there someone I can talk to directly. I am getting frustrated as no one has responded to my emails. This is time sensitive and I would like to end my subscription right away. I am not happy since I got charged this month again. 

Not happy with my customer support. 

Best, 

A

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
861 55 133

Hey again, @Aliya1234!

Apologies for the delayed response, I was away from my desk for a couple of days. I've just read over your posts here, apologies for any confusion. In order to contact our Support Team to begin an online chat, you will not need to log into your Shopify store. The authentication codes that would have been sent to your old email would not be needed to start a support chat. 

Once you chat in to our support team, they can authenticate you properly and help you out! They will be able to change the account owner email on your store so you can log in and close it down. And if you were just charged in the last 5 days, we may be able to look into a refund for you if you were charged for a store you intend to close. I do wish I could help you more from here! But for account-specific changes, the proper authentication steps need to be followed, so contacting our support team is the best way to do this.

To begin, visit our Help Centre here and scroll to the bottom of the page to contact support. If you weren’t sure how to navigate our help centre, I’ve made a quick video here to show you how.

Thank you for your patience here, and my apologies again for the delayed response!

Ava

0 Likes
ShopZapster
4 0 0

@Ava Hi faced problem where my shopify store takes forever to load. It have been loading long time but my store content is simply just not shown. I ve been waiting sometime here but no one has given or provided me any solution upon my problem.

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
861 55 133

Hi, @ShopZapster!

I'm sorry to hear that, that sounds frustrating!

Could you share a link to your store with me here? I'd like to investigate this further for you.

Also, if you had some screenshot of what you are seeing on your end when you try to load the store, that would be helpful to me here for extra context! 

Thank you, speak soon! 

Ava

0 Likes
Aliya1234
7 0 0

Here is a screen shot of when I try to log in. It always sends a code to the email I do not have access to any more. The store is called derliaa - and the previous email associated with it is: contact@derliaa.com

Aliya1234_0-1618667181075.png

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
861 55 133

Hey again @Aliya1234!

I'll run through the process of logging in as a guest on our Help Centre, this will bypass the need for you to log in at all. I've run through this in my last post with the video linked, but for clarity, I'll go over it in more detail now! Firstly, you can access our Help Centre here. This will land you on the first page! From here, you can click 'Continue without logging in' - 

21-20-gd4u8-7k5dk

Next, you will see the option of searching for documentation on your issue first before contacting our team. Some issues can be solved by reading over our Help Guides! For your issue though, you'll need support from our team directly, so here you can type in 'contact support' to see your options. You can scroll past the suggested articles and down to 'Get Support: Continue'

21-33-aac1q-dx93t

The next page will then let you decide if you would like to contact us via chat, email or post here to our Community Forums. I would recommend the live chat, as you will get the fastest support this way. Once you chat with our support team and they can authenticate you correctly, they can reach out to our Account Integrity team on your behalf so that they can change your account email for you.

Could you try the above method and let me know if you can get through to us this way for authentication? Thank you!
Ava

0 Likes