Getting charged for my closed store

cruozbeauty
2 0 0

Hi there,

I closed my account a few days ago before February to step away from it for up to 2 months. I got charged a monthly bill for my basic subscription this month. I don't know why and I shouldn't have been charged because I closed my account and can no longer work on it. I would appreciate you to look into my account and get a refund for the bill I have been charged while my account is closed. 

Thank you, 

Christine 

cruozbeauty@gmail.com

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1209 107 129

Hi @cruozbeauty,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have closed your store. How was your experience using the platform? If there's any feedback you would like to provide I'm happy to pass this along! 

This is a great question and I'd like to dig into this with you. From what you have mentioned, I believe that either an invoice was issued as your 30 day billing period had begun before you closed the store. Other than this, you may have selected the Pause or Pause and Build plan and so you have been issued an invoice. I'd need to take a closer look at the Billing in full to help determine this with you. Have you still access to the store? If so, you should be able to see your billing period and invoices within the Settings > Billing section of your admin. If you don't have access, our support can help you here. I can either send you an email to authenticate the account or our live chat, email and callback support here can help as well if you would prefer a faster response. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cruozbeauty
2 0 0

Hi Ted,

I get charged the first day my 30 day cycle billing period starts, which is the first day of every month. I selected to pause and step away from my shop for 3 months in January before February started, however I got charged for February. This option says that I will not be charged for my time away. I do not have access to my store, so I can't take a look at anything. Please send me an email to email removed.

Thank you

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1209 107 129

Hi @cruozbeauty,

Perfect thanks for getting back to me. If the billing period began on the 1st of Jan, this would mean that your new invoice was due the 31st as Shopify has a 30-day subscription instead of a full monthly subscription. That said, I'm happy to take a closer look into this with you but I'll need to authenticate your account. I've just sent you an email there to get started - when you have a moment please reply back to that email. 

For anyone else reading this, please contact our support here for further assistance. We're happy to take a closer look! 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes