Getting lots of spam buys that always take back their order after already sent...

F_ckSh0pify
1 0 0

So obviously I am pissed off at shopify right now.

There is no customer support. "Just look at our boiler plate help center answers and dont call us". Soo sleezy.

However, I have had a store for several years. Recently I have been getting some buys from "individuals" in latin america. I think they are fake and its just a scam. They all wait about 5 days and then say that the order they placed was fraudulent and they always win and make my account go negative even though I sent them the digital product. My products are not focused on a latin american market so it is strange that they are all coming from Mexico. How the hell do I stop this from happening. Its happening about 100 times to date and now its just getting ridiculous. My bank even closed my business account do to the constant negative requests. wtf. Can someone pls help.

0 Likes
Jason_Beacon
Shopify Partner
162 5 24

Sorry to hear about your fraudulent issues. 

If you are getting a lot of bad orders from Latin America, then you should just cancel all orders from the region. It could also be the same person making the same order if you don't normally sell in that market.

Another thing you can do if you have not already then set your payment capture system to "manual". This will ensure that you only capture the payment after a review process. An order that has been authorized but not captured cannot result in a chargeback so it may help you if you have low amounts of orders. 

I hope this helps you a bit.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes