Getting order id in checkout page

Highlighted
5 0 0

As per the requirement I need to get order id from shopify and pass that order id into third party delivery estimate api call via carrier-services.

As I understand about Checkout Page, we are not authorized to change or inject anything into checkout page logic.

But my requirement is when carrier-service calls the configured third party delivery estimate api, I need pass/inject order id into that request payload. I knew that carrier-services api calls the third party delivery estimates call with specific request payload  where it has it own format.

Please do help me on this use case fulfillment.

Thanks,

Srinivas Aluri,

srinivasa.kdots@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 99 1708

An order isn't created until the checkout is completed. Until that point it's a checkout.

How does the Carrierservice API not help you return shipping rates? Some added context into why would certainly help.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here is the my requirement, I want to match a particular shopify order which I pulled through Shopify Orders REST API with shipping rate request which I got through CarrierService API. Based on this I can check delivery accuracy. As of now, I do not see anything related to order in CarrierService API request payload.

-Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Have you found a solution for your problem?

0 Likes