Gift Card Integration Between Online Store & POS

Solved
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello!

We currently have a Shopify online store and Shopify POS. They are not currently integrated. We want to be able to find a way to use gift cards that are purchased online to be able to be used in our retail store, and vice versa. Is there a way or an app that could let us do that? Or would we have to hire a developer to allow this to happen?

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2011 122 256

Hi @amykzoocandle,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what you mean when you say your Shopify online store and Shopify POS aren't integrated? Do you mean, you have two separate stores with one for each? I took a closer look and spoke to our retail support team just in case this was the case. They mentioned there would be no way to merge two active accounts. Your best bet here would be to export all the data off one shop, upload it to the other and then close the other store. If you were to export the POS store, for example, there is a helpful guide from Shopify which might offer some further insight for you here

If a POS and online store are together as one, then a gift card bought from either would be valid and able to be used online or in person, this would be no problem. There are some requirements such as having to be on the Shopify plan or higher and to enable gift cards in the POS app which you can see in the Redeeming gift card guide here

I hope this helps and looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi Nick!

Thanks for the reply! Yes, that's correct. We have a Shopify account for e-commerce and a separate Shopify POS for our retail store. So the only way that we could have gift cards that works with both is to combine the two shops? If so, that is good to know! Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2011 122 256

Hi @amykzoocandle,

This is correct, 

So the only way that we could have gift cards that works with both is to combine the two shops? If so, that is good to know! Thank you for the information!

Because of this, your best bet would be to add the POS retail sales channel to one of your stores depending on which one you would prefer. It might be best to keep the website live one active and export the data from the POS sales channel store over. 

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Amy! 

I had this same problem until last month where I began using rise.ai (https://apps.shopify.com/rise-ai). Rise enables you to integrate your online store to your Shopify POS. Also, if you have customer accounts on your online store, you can create a workflow that accumulates store credit into their accounts that can be redeemed both online and your brick and mortar stores. 

Hope this helped!

Best,

Gaby

1 Like