Gift Card Not Syncing to POS

chelseaisabelle
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

We're running into an issue with our online gift card products. As of now, it seems as if the gift card code sent to the customer is blocked from our view -- which makes the unique code impossible to put into our POS system (our site and POS are not synced) to be redeemed in-house, if the customer so decided. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to see the unique code on our end once it's been sent to the customer?

0 Likes
CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
59 1 3

Hey @chelseaisabelle, what POS system are you using? Have you considered integrating your site and your POS system?

0 Likes
chelseaisabelle
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @CourtneyMiller , we've got a *very* dated POS system (CRE Express via WineWare) that we're hoping to update sometime in the next year or so, but we're just not there yet. We would be open to POS suggestions, too! We'd love to have an integrated POS/Shopify system -- we just haven't found the system that makes most sense for us quite yet. 

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

@chelseaisabelle wrote:

Hi there,

We're running into an issue with our online gift card products. As of now, it seems as if the gift card code sent to the customer is blocked from our view -- which makes the unique code impossible to put into our POS system (our site and POS are not synced) to be redeemed in-house, if the customer so decided. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to see the unique code on our end once it's been sent to the customer?

You can temporarily change the customer's email address to yours, and resend the card.

0 Likes
chelseaisabelle
Tourist
4 0 1

@HKJ perfect -- this will work for us until we integrate our systems! Thank you so much, your help is greatly appreciated!

HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

You're welcome, glad to help.

0 Likes
chelseaisabelle
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @HKJ , I tried to do this on a second unique gift card but, while trying to resend the card number to myself (my cell phone number, as I did successfully on the first unique gift card to get the SKU) it read "There is 1 Error: phone number is already taken." I then tried to input my email -- no luck, same message. We can exhaust all the phone numbers of our employees to get it to work in the meantime if we can't do a repeat number, but as a small business we only have about 15 employees. What am I doing wrong/what should I do when we run out of unique employees to send the unique card numbers to?

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

@chelseaisabelle wrote:

Hi @HKJ , I tried to do this on a second unique gift card but, while trying to resend the card number to myself (my cell phone number, as I did successfully on the first unique gift card to get the SKU) it read "There is 1 Error: phone number is already taken." I then tried to input my email -- no luck, same message. We can exhaust all the phone numbers of our employees to get it to work in the meantime if we can't do a repeat number, but as a small business we only have about 15 employees. What am I doing wrong/what should I do when we run out of unique employees to send the unique card numbers to?

Did you change it back after you changed the customer's email/number?

0 Likes