Solved

How can I add a redeem gift card option at checkout?

GingerArrow
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hi!  I created an option to sell e-Gift Cards in my store, but I cannot seem to add the option to redeem a Gift Card at Checkout.  

I am using Shopify Payments and I’ve tried to find the option via POS - Settings - Payment Options, but the option for GC is not there.  I’ve looked at the other threads re: this topic and watched a video, but the option is just not there for me.  I’m using the Debut Theme, if that means anything.  Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks 

Also, I went to my checkout and the option definitely is not there

Accepted Solution (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @GingerArrow 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, it is a really good question. So the option to pay with a Gift Card, much like the option to use a discount code in the checkout only appears when there is an active Gift Card on your store. This option will appear in your checkout as soon as a gift card is bought from your store, until then the option to pay with a Gift Card will not be made available. You can learn more about selling gift cards as products here. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @GingerArrow 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, it is a really good question. So the option to pay with a Gift Card, much like the option to use a discount code in the checkout only appears when there is an active Gift Card on your store. This option will appear in your checkout as soon as a gift card is bought from your store, until then the option to pay with a Gift Card will not be made available. You can learn more about selling gift cards as products here. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

GingerArrow
Excursionist
20 0 4

Thanks for the reply!  Ahhhhhh, I didn’t even consider that the option would not appear unless a GC had been purchased.  Makes sense though!  

jmalone
Excursionist
28 3 1

But what happens when the customer gifts the card to another person? How do they use the card? My site allows me to show a Gift Card as a payment option but does not allow the customer to enter a code. They click complete order, and it goes right through without payment.