Gift Card Option At Checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 0

Hi!  I created an option to sell e-Gift Cards in my store, but I cannot seem to add the option to redeem a Gift Card at Checkout.  

I am using Shopify Payments and I’ve tried to find the option via POS - Settings - Payment Options, but the option for GC is not there.  I’ve looked at the other threads re: this topic and watched a video, but the option is just not there for me.  I’m using the Debut Theme, if that means anything.  Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks 

Also, I went to my checkout and the option definitely is not there

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @GingerArrow 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, it is a really good question. So the option to pay with a Gift Card, much like the option to use a discount code in the checkout only appears when there is an active Gift Card on your store. This option will appear in your checkout as soon as a gift card is bought from your store, until then the option to pay with a Gift Card will not be made available. You can learn more about selling gift cards as products here. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 0

Thanks for the reply!  Ahhhhhh, I didn’t even consider that the option would not appear unless a GC had been purchased.  Makes sense though!  

0 Likes