Gift Card email notification not sending

Kat22
3 0 0

I've set up a gift card in our shop with 3 different price amounts. I tested it in the online shop and received an email that the order went through however there was no email notification about my gift card with the code.

I've seen the email I should receive in my settings/notifications however it's not being sent to my email. 

Please help! 

0 Likes
Sniles
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi! I am having a similar problem. My customer did not receive her email. I went into Admin, and the Send Test Email works. However, even with trying four different target email addresses, the email from Shopify to the customer is being bounced. Someone please help!

0 Likes
janethyrasorens
1 0 0

yes, same issue for us too!

0 Likes
Sniles
Tourist
5 0 2

OK, has anyone been able to get in touch with Shopify for help on this??? I ended up just making a special discount code for my kind customer , but that is hardly a solution. I wonder if Shopify messed up the gift certificate system when they made all plans able to sell gift cards? But, when I try to contact Shopify for help, it tells me to log in, when I am already logged in. Then, I try to log in anyway - and get a Store Not Available screen. B.S.!!!

Kat22
3 0 0

Hi there, I just want to share that I did end up chatting to someone on shopify and i finally found the fix. 

What you have to do is go to your Settings>> Checkout - Then scroll down to Order Processing and make sure you have checked:  Automatically fulfill only the gift cards of the order

Save that page and you're good to go! 

I can't believe I spend hours finding that, it wasn't clear in the shopify help instructions at all! Hope this helps other people. 

0 Likes
Sniles
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello, Kat22! I was so excited to see your post! So, I did what you said... and found that our store settings for checkout ALREADY have "Automatically fulfill only gift cards" checked. SO - glad it worked for you... but my problem remains!

Ugh.

Kat22
3 0 0
OOH no, i'm sorry to hear that. Hmmm i would suggest trying to do a chat
session with one of the shopify experts. That's what I did, there was a
wait, but I just kept that in the background.
Good Luck!! xx
0 Likes
SCOTT001
1 0 1

has anyone had any luck fixing this? I keep having the same issues with some customers not receiving the email containing their gift card

ChiieCruz
1 0 0

Not sure if this one is already solve.

But you need to do it manually.

Orders > and click the order number. You will see there send gift cards.

I hope that one helps

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 7

Did the customers check their spam folder?

0 Likes