Please deal with this issue!

tenfoldco
Tourist
3 0 3

agree..telling us to download another app is not a solution

BTO2
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hi Ash - while this is helpful if I - the store admin - issues the gift card and sends it to a customer, it is NOT helpful to the CUSTOMER who wants to send a gift card to a friend.  There is NO way for the CUSTOMER to send a gift card.  In fact, it is quite awful for him/her to have to forward an email.  $169 to buy physical gift cards is rather high for us to buy Shopify's physical cards.

balamuthia
1 0 1

Count this as another vote for allowing a customer to specify a gift card recipient!

N8BEAUTY
1 0 1

Why does this thread say the issue is solved? Adding an app just for a recipient line is ridiculous. Please allow customers to send to recipient as a gift without having to forward an email. That is truly inconvenient.

dennishodges
Tourist
6 0 9

It's a New Year and a New Chance for Shopify to resolve this - please!

Bumping this thread again. This should be a basic feature of the gift card function within Shopify and without the need for an additional app.

Shopify, please fix this.

dennishodges
Tourist
6 0 9

Hello Shopify?

Why is this issue still not resolved, please?

Please add the functionality for a customer to send the Shopify Gift Card to the recipient directly versus the store owner needing to do it. This should (and could) have been set up when originally designed/offered.

Now's the time to fix this - long before BFCM. 

Thank you!

Dennis Hodges

MichalLap
2 0 3

Hello Ash,

I want to join the rest of the users here claiming that the "gift card" future of Shopify is embarrassing. Also embarrassing is the fact that non of the Shopify experts are answering this discussion anymore. This is a very important issue, and I'm sure it's also easily solvable, so why not solve it already?