Gift Cards

Solved
rubyfriday
Tourist
22 0 2

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand how a customer would redeem a gift card once I have set these up as a product?

Where would they enter the code in the checkout process and is there a way I can test this so that I understand before I make the product live?

Thanks

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 166

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us.

When using a gift card, customers would place the gift card code into what is currently your 'discount' box on checkout. As soon as there is a gift card created for the store, that box automatically changes to the "discount/gift card" box. This is what it will look like:

We have a great guide on Gift Cards here. You can learn more about how to redeem them once they are available in the store here

Let me know if you have any further queries and I'd be happy to assist! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
rubyfriday
Tourist
22 0 2

Thankyou

0 Likes
Inglenook1975
Tourist
4 0 0

Sorry- this is so much later than the original post, but I have been using gift cards in my shop for  a few months now and am having quite a few problems with customers getting confused and I can see why- they see a truncated or incomplete set of numbers in the present-looking box-thing... one has to select and scroll over to get the whole set in order to effectively use the gift card. ( not super easy on a phone- AND we can't edit the email that the numbers are delivered in to tell them to do this! ) 

I had one customer repeatedly asked me to send him the numbers, and get angrier each time it didnt work... I tried to explain that we only see the last 4 digits on our end... that was before I figured out what was going on, and that they didn't get all 16 in the box unless they select and scroll over... He probably thought I was trying to get away with something. 

It's a very clumsy format for no good reason ! 

Please , tell me this is being addresed!  Just remove the number to outside the cute box! 

0 Likes
Inglenook1975
Tourist
4 0 0

AND it suggest PRINTING the thing and sending it to someone!! AS IF that will work! - you get the useless set of uncompleted numbers ! I I guess this is in reference to the cool- dots for a scanning POS app - but honestly-   not well thought out!! 

0 Likes
WetandDry
Tourist
5 0 0

How do we disable gift cards bought on COD? By the time we cancel COD gift card orders, customers may already have redeemed the gift card code, leading to losses for us. 

0 Likes