Gift cards email notifications

Petere1
Tourist
3 0 3

When a customer comes in our store to return an item that was a gift, we usually refund it to a gift card which they can use later.  However, Shopify automatically sends an email notification to the original purchaser - causing some confusion why she received a gift card.   Can this email notification be turned off?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 43 84

Hi, @Petere1!

Sophia here from Shopify. I appreciate that it might be confusing for the original purchaser to receive a notification about a newly issued gift card, especially if they didn't know a gift was being returned.

There isn't currently a way to disable the notification, so the workaround for the time being is to temporarily remove the email address (or phone number) from the original customer profile so that they don't get notified about the gift card. Their contact information can be added back to their profile after the transaction is complete.

We're always looking to improve and make processes like this easier for you, so I'm glad you shared this scenario. I would like to submit feedback to our developers on your behalf for consideration in future updates for Shopify POS. Please let me know if there are any other details about the customer experience or the process on your end that you would like me to include in the feature request.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes