Give Free Gifts on Purchase of X amount of Products

2 0 1

@JMJewelryGraphi wrote:

It doesn't make any sense that the "Minimum purchase requirements" for a specific collection or product is limited to that specific collection or product. If I want to offer a 100% discount on a specific product based on the cart total, I can't do it. (not without using an expensive 3rd party app) This needs to be fixed! 

Yep! and from the comments above the 3rd party apps have poor security and can be circumvented to get free products with out buying anything!

0 Likes
1 0 1

It's sad to say but I don't think they have any plans on improving this. These coupon features have been requested for over 3 years by various different customers and nothing has happened. I've had conversations with their reps multiple times, but get the same "workarounds" that don't work, never a solution. Its disappointing as this is such a BASIC, yet NECESSARY feature. Very, very disappointing. 

1 Like
2 0 0

I completely agree. I went to do this today thinking that it would be obvious that this function would be included with any 'Buy X Get Y' discount. I was going to add a 'Free doohickey with any purchase over $X' discount, but now I need to find a workaround that will take unnecessary time out of my day and probably require me to reprice a bunch of items. Boo

0 Likes
2 0 0

Okay, I found a (limited) workaround that works with my store, but won't work for most situations or stores with low value products.

My intended promotion was a 'Buy $20 of product, get a doohicky'. The lowest value products in my store are $10, so I divided the whole store into two collections, an 'Over $20' and an 'Under $20' collection. If a customer buys an 'Over $20' product, they enter the discount code and get the doohickey. Because you can't use the same code twice, the 'Under $20' collection is managed by automated discount. If a customer buys two items in that collection, they automatically get the discount.

Basically, if you need to use your automated discount for another purpose or have low value items/high price ceiling on your 'Buy $X' then you're out of luck, but I pulled some shop fu and now have it running on my site. This may not help most of you, but I hope that someone benefits from my method.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 1

Today, I found an app. It's ugly, so trying to combine with a Personizely, a pretty pop up app that I already have (time suck, css change would be a bit of work, too), but it did the free gift thing!! Ultimate Special Offers by Pixel Union. Just installed, so haven't figured out all the glitches yet. Waiting to hear back from them so that they can only add 1 qty of the free item.  I think you can do a runaround this using the Bogo feature but I'm tired and going to try again tomorrow. Not free, but I just want it to work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 6 4

Hi there,

App Selly has motivator feature that may help you to offer free gift when cart subtotal reaches X amount:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes