Going broke on ads! Low traffic, No sales

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 8

Been spending a lot of money on facebook and instagram ads. I average about 40 visits per day. My biggest spikes in visits only occur when i run ads. 

I am followed a lot of advice from these forums and still no luck. I have added returns and refund page, about us, FAQ, changed shipping wording such as 10-20 days to 2-4 weeks. I'm at a loss what else i can change.

I have Google Analytics (I'm still a bit confused how to utilize it), I have a campaign running onGoogle Adwords, I have Google console, i have Facebook Pixel. 

I tried using the KIT app and there have been a few hiccups with it. I find the app doesn't have the greatest criteria when running ads. One of its retargeting ads only sent it to 80 potential people ? which none converted into visits to my site. 

I'm at a loss what else i can do. How do others get hundreds to a thousand visitors to their sites?!?!

Thanks,

Renee

Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 3

do you ever consider SEO?

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 8

Yes. Been updating all the SEO info on the shopify site and continually working on the Google listing. Not sure what im missing for the SEO. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 8

Yes. Been updating all the SEO info on the shopify site and continually working on the Google listing. Not sure what im missing for the SEO. 

Highlighted
Explorer
46 0 18

As a digital marketing consultant of twelve years I can tell you that you have much bigger problems than SEO and all of the Google tools. 

Home Page

You have options in your slideshow that are inaccessible as far as I can tell. How do you get to those bibs in the slideshow?  The first time a customer clicks a link and it's broken - consider them gone. 

Your home page also lacks content. It says nothing about who you are or what you offer other than a few inaccessible products on the slideshow and a very limited product selection. Where is the product or collection navigation?

The title tag for your home page only states your company name and nothing else. What does this name even mean? How do I know that?

Product Page

Your product page shows related items that I don't see another way to access on your website. Where are these other than in your related items list?

Buy Now

Ok, I found some products!  But why?  "Buy Now" means nothing to customers unless they're looking at an individual item and are ready to purchase. Change this to something more fitting. 

About Us

The text on your about page is completely phony, it's a weak sales pitch at best. "The number one destination for moms..." according to who? After that all you've done is list your product types that we can't see without proper navigation to them. 

Contact Page

There isn't one and there's no information on your About page to tell us how to get in touch with you. I think I had to find your email on the FAQ page somewhere. 

Conclusion

You still have a lot of work ahead of you and do not seem interested in taking any time to look at other similar sites to see what you're missing. Find direct competitors and ask yourself why on Earth would you by from your website over theirs?  Better yet, go on Fiverr or somewhere and pay a stranger to do this so you get the truth (let them know in advance to be brutally honest). 

I'd stop paying to advertise on social media instantly. You're dropping money into a pit that you'll never see again. Focus on fixing issues preventing customer conversions before you ever try to attract people to your site, I'd even recommend after conversions looking into retention efforts still before paying to bring people in. 

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 8

Thank you Robert for your brutal honesty! The necessary changes i will work on.

Not aure what is happening whwn you clicked on the Contact Is page but there is a form contact and my site email address.

About us page: funny that you mentioned Fivver as an option for doing write ups because it was Fivver that wrote it!! Note to self, Fivver write ups are not authentic, phoney and possibly copied. 

Thank you for the info on updating the slider. I thought these templates on Shopify would naturally have options to have customers click it. I will reach out to shopify support for assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
46 0 18

I do now see the Contact Us page, it's in the footer navigation but not the main. I'd try to make that a little easier to find as well, maybe even link to it in your About Us page when you tell customers your email at the end. 

I suggested Fivver for testing not writing, especially an about page. There's no way that a 3rd party should be able to explain your business as well as you can, the only reason a freelancer should ever be allowed to write on your About page is to correct grammar if necessary. 

Brutal honesty is all that it was intended to be, I hope you do not take offense to it. If you update most or all of that and want feedback just reply to this post and I'll do what I can. Best of luck!

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 8

Hi Robert,

Would like to thank you for the tips. I updated all of your suggestions except I don't know where the 'title tag' is.  I also realized that my add to carts issue was because i did not display my currency.

I am happy to say after the changes a couple of days ago, I got my first sale today!! I also went from approx 30 websites visits to over 200!!

I was running a facebook ad that I set up manually which I'm happy i didn't stop it! Lol

Highlighted
Explorer
46 0 18

I am happy that my advice helped, that’s always a good feeling. I’m restricted to my phone so I cannot see the desktop version but it looks much better for mobile. 

I especially love the short message on the home page and rewrite on the about page - much more authentic now. 

The only advice I can give you from what I can see on my phone is to make visitors sign-up to your email newsletter to get that 20% off, dont just give it away. 

Google “Shopify title tags”, there’s sure to be an illustrated guide somewhere. Make sure that the title of each page is both unique and descriptive of the respective page content. Meta descriptions as well which should be changed in the same areas as titles. 

Highlighted
15 0 0

Great advice from Robert!!  I really need to do a very hard look at my page as well.  I'm doing the classic "turn a hobby into a business" thing... and since I still have the dreaded day job, its hard to keep up.  I want my page to be my full time job so I need to get serious.  If anyone takes a look at my page, I'm open to some brutal feedback also!!  Good luck Renee!!

Cheers!!

Clif

coldwarconcealment.com 

0 Likes