Going broke on ads! Low traffic, No sales

5_elements
3 0 0

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing great this holiday season.  I am in need of some advise on my shop.  I have constant traffic now (About 20/30) per day but no sales.  I'm not sure what is wrong?  Please help me analyze my shop.  Your help is appreciated. 

https://5elementsstones.com/ 

Thanks in advance,

-Nina-

0 Likes
Jamil_Khan
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Renee ! Thank you sooo much for the advice. I will take everything on board. You are right about the many products on homepage actually. Again your advice is much appreciated Renee :) 

0 Likes
Jamil_Khan
Tourist
10 0 1

Nina am loving the website very clean and fresh indeed ! :) in terms of advice, I think I maybe the wrong person as am a newbie :) 

P.s Can I ask where you got the colourful trust/credit card badges from ? 

0 Likes
Jonathan13
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Nina,

I'm a web design/developer with my own shopify store (www.behopecollective.com), so I can really only give you advice from a UI/UX design point of view. The real reason you're not getting sales could be a number of different things.

As far as design goes, here are my quick observations:

• When I first come to your site I don't see any significant content because your header and hero images are too big.
  • Reduce the height of your header
  • Reduce the height of your hero images
  • Make all hero images the same dimensions

The mobile layout is a little better, but there still can be some reduction in the height of these elements so that more content can fit in the initial view.

I don't have the time right now to go any deeper than this, but if you can show people something significant at first glance, they'll stick around on your website longer. 

If you need any help with these changes you can contact me at jon@mktfresh.com

I hope this helps a little.

-Jonathan

0 Likes
Youssef_Camara
4 0 0

Hi, I recently opened a store : onfitnesstore.com and I'm working on the advertising on facebook but I don't get much result. Can someone please help ?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Robert_Seal
Explorer
46 0 19

@Youssef 

I am not certain how you expect anyone to help you while providing us with zero information to support your request. 

What does "don't get much result" even mean? Are people:

• Not seeing your ad.
  • Seeing it but not clicking through to your website.
  • Clicking through but then immediately leaving.
  • Clicking further than the landing page but not purchasing.
  • Reaching the checkout process but not purchasing. 

Do you have organic traffic that you can compare any potential Facebook traffic to for bounce rates, dwell time, pages per session or conversion goals?

Seriously... When you post a request, at least read it back to yourself once to make sure it is answerable with the data that you've provided. Or... ask what data is needed in order to do so. 

0 Likes
Youssef_Camara
4 0 0

Hey Robert,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer and sorry for the lack of informations. Considering it's an old post I was hopping but wasn't sur if I'll get any answer. But no excuses, I really appreciate the time you give.

I mostly have paid traffic maybe 95% and little organic traffic from my facebook page and instagram (both new).

People click on the ads and scroll throught the website (home, products, collections), but never purchase or add to cart.

I'm not a facebook ads expert but I tried to learn and made some ads, then I hired someone and spent over 200$ on ads and still didn't went farther the view page, products... I tried every page of my website to make sur everything is working well and found no broblem.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Robert_Seal
Explorer
46 0 19

@Youssef

First off, Facebook ads are notorious for having a low conversion rate. If you read this thread entirely and the many threads like it on these forums, you will learn this quickly. For Facebook ads to work you really need a well-developed Pixel or solid demographic information on top of the ability to write truly engaging ad copy. 

If you insist on paid ads then I would either look into Google Adwords or Pinterest as a paid marketing avenue for your niche. If you're not then I highly recommend that you hire an SEO consultant to walk you through the proper steps of optimizing your store for increase organic growth. 

I'll point out some glaringly obvious flaws in your store because... well... that's what I do. 

• One of your slideshow images on your homepage is really blurry, this does not build trust.
  • Beeketing is a ridiculously annoying app and often times very intrusive on mobile devices.
  • The irony of your mailing list sign-up is that it says "no spam ever" yet, it itself is spam. Only use sign-up forms where call-to-actions make sense such as:
    • Within content after something engaging or around seasonal offers.
    • In the footer but put some effort into it, give visitors a reason to sign-up.
    • Trigger during exit attempts or after a defined period of time on pages with long-form content.
  • The "Buy Now" in the banner at the top of the page is weird. Buy what now?
  • Your page title is thoughtless. Hover your mouse over your homepage tab in your browser and read it out loud. Would you click on that Google result over others? I wouldn't...
  • The shopping cart icon over each image is annoying. Who buys blindly without at least visiting the product page? Big name brands maybe, small stores... no.
  • You are extremely expensive!!! Honestly, I only compared one price but holy cow. You sell Bioaqua Black Mask for $16.50 while Amazon sells it for $6.69 and it is all over the Internet for <$3. 
  • You are careless.  In order to view your product page, I clicked on a random product. They happened to be your Emma Leggings, or is it Emana?  I have no idea because your product name and product description call them by different names. Your description also has multiple grammatical errors and even words run together that any auto-correct would catch. 
  • The checkout process has no character, it's almost like the further I get into your website the less you've shown you care. Adding related items or upsell opportunities to your checkout process will increase your bottom-line while livening (is that a word?) up the checkout process. 

Do yourself a favor and read this entire thread start to finish. A lot of people shared a lot of valuable knowledge and most of the things I have pointed out here have already been addressed earlier in this thread. 

0 Likes
incrtalent
16 0 0

I feel her pain.  It's a record-breaking day if I get 8 visitors.  I think I have a visually appealing website, I've worked relatively hard on copy, have a FB page, an Instagram, set up for Google Business and am now running a Google ad.  Still no traffic.  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I've been working on the site since last October, went live in February, and I'm going broke trying to make sales.

0 Likes
Happy_Trailhead
6 0 0

Robert, would you be kind enough to give me the same honest 5-minute evaluation of my eCommerce site? www.trailheadcaps.com I've halted all advertising and plan to focus on SEO now instead, but I would like to address all other glaring issues first. 

0 Likes