Going life. Ready to launch. Quick question

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

simple question.    i want to know if once i remove the password protection from my store going live, will my customers recibe a notification that the store is now open?

0 Likes
No they won’t. You’ll have to manually send an email to say you’re open.
Developer for Crafty Party Box
2 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 17 29

Hi @Ticktack,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. When you disable the password page that is a feature of all Shopify-made themes, no notifications will be sent to your customers. Some merchants may disable and re-enable the password page prior to the store's actual launch, so an automated notification would not be appropriate in this situation.

However, if you have had customers register an interest in your business prior to launch, you may wish to send an email out to them notifying them that the site is live. This email could even be coupled with some sort of promotional discount to help drive traffic to your store and receive sales shortly after launch. There are a variety of apps that integrate with Shopify that you could use to send marketing emails to your customers, such as Omnisend and Privy. You can take a look at other options here as well. 

Finally, I'd also recommend checking out our guide on how to run successful email marketing campaigns on the Shopify blog, as well as our comprehensive pre-launch checklist. Best of luck with the launch, and if you have any further questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you dude. That was a straight forward and to the point answer 

1 Like