Solved

Google Account Suspension - Circumventing Systems - Please Help!

Primroseliving
Excursionist
29 0 10

Hi All, 

I'm just wondering if someone can kindly help me, because I'm honestly at a loss as to what or where I've gone wrong. 

I received an email today from Google saying my Ads Accountant has been suspended due to Circumventing Systems. I've read through all of the information on this, and I really don't understand what I've done wrong. I've always listed my brands on each page, written my own product descriptions, and always abided my the suggested pricing set by my suppliers. 

I was using an app called Google Ads by eCommerce, which I have since removed. 

This is a bit of a plea, but if anyone can kindly try and explain this to me and how I can fix this, I would forever be grateful!  

Thank you, 

Charlotte 

Accepted Solution (1)

Amit_Roznak1
Shopify Partner
244 4 29

This is an accepted solution.

According to Google: "One possible reason for a suspension in Google Ads is because of a violation of the Circumventing Systems Policy. ... A circumventing policy violation refers to any action taken by a user with the perceived intention of trying to exploit or undermine Google's system and policies."

They also mention it's impossible to recover your ad account after this violation has been filed.

You might want to try advertising your ads on Google using a third-party app, like AdScale. The good thing about it is that it creates your Google ad account and the relevant advertising assets on its own MCC, so you won't need to handle the headache of getting your ad account up and running nor handling or managing your campaigns.

You can read more about it here.

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Amit_Roznak1
Shopify Partner
244 4 29

This is an accepted solution.

According to Google: "One possible reason for a suspension in Google Ads is because of a violation of the Circumventing Systems Policy. ... A circumventing policy violation refers to any action taken by a user with the perceived intention of trying to exploit or undermine Google's system and policies."

They also mention it's impossible to recover your ad account after this violation has been filed.

You might want to try advertising your ads on Google using a third-party app, like AdScale. The good thing about it is that it creates your Google ad account and the relevant advertising assets on its own MCC, so you won't need to handle the headache of getting your ad account up and running nor handling or managing your campaigns.

You can read more about it here.

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.
Primroseliving
Excursionist
29 0 10

Hi Amrit, 

Thank you so much for your help! I heard from Google today and they have reinstated my account, so I'm not touching anything again and am going to look into someone (such as Adscale like you have mentioned) to help me 🙂 

With very many thanks for your kind help. 

magicalgiftshop
Visitor
2 0 3

Hello,

Did the Google Ad support team give you any indication of what you violated?  I have just received a suspension and they do not list any specific reason.  I wrote an Appeal document and included all of my business information, meta data html, dns zones, all related email accounts, payment methods, a copy of my drivers license, and a list of all online marketplaces that I work with.  Shopify is my inventory source and I use the built in SEO.  They denied my appeal with no reason other than your account is still in violation.

afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

Hi Charlotte,

Did you write something specific within your appeal to get your account reinstated ? 

Thank you

Primroseliving
Excursionist
29 0 10

Hi! 

I didn't write anything specific that I can recall. It was probably sounding more like a plea for help! Strangely enough, I uninstalled the ad apps I had, and I had a message about suspicious billing activity for some reason. Once I re-entered my billing information, a few days later it seemed to be resolved. 

I really hope it works out OK for you and you can get things back on track! Sorry that I can't help more 😞 

afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

Hi,

I have been looking for a similar solutions as our account was suspended for circumventing systems policy on Google ads but strangely our merchant account is still all active with zero issue. I suspect their bot has picked something up when creating an add. We are still no clearer to why this has happened even after hiring a google expert to help. Just a quick question, before using the app would I have to buy a new domain ? I am not sure if the domain in some way has been black listed to use Google ads again. Although I doubt this as our merchant centre has no issue. 

Thank you