Google Address Autocomplete

PMckay777
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi - can we please have an update on the UK integration of this feature? Two years and counting since your team were 'reviewing'

I understand that sometimes polling data isn't perfect, but it's a MILLION times better than the mistakes that people can make by mis-typing/misunderstanding the address form, or when their phones autocomplete with a random address from the memory...as is increasingly happening.

I would much rather Google Map's success rate than this.

Thank you

Pete-H
Excursionist
12 0 4

Yes, it would be good to see something in the UK after all this time.  Great platform overall so far, but it seems a little strange that this feature appears so difficult to implement when other sites in the UK have address autocomplete available to them.

asitton
1 0 0

Hi Katy! 

If Google Address Autocomplete is not available in my Country (Mexico), can I code it in using the API from google places? 

0 Likes
SDBdigital
Shopify Partner
24 0 7

Hi 

I've enabled the address auto-complete, but it does not appear to work.

My store is in South Africa.

And I have seen other sites (maybe not shopify ones) have that function enabled.

Does it work in South Africa?

0 Likes
Ellieb1
1 0 0

Hi there

With google validation set up, we are still finding we are needing to manually reconcile addresses for our 3PL. Is there a way to make google addresses mandatory field so that customers cannot edit the fields to non standard things?

thanks

ellie 

0 Likes
AS1985
1 0 0

@Katy Is there any indication when this will be activated in South Africa?

0 Likes
maninsiam
1 0 1

Looking for an update as to when Google Autocomplete will be available in Thailand for Shopify.  Google Autocomplete is WIDELY adopted by many e-commerce sites in Thailand - but not so on Shopify.  This has to get sorted...so many human error inputting mistakes leading to packages being delivered to incorrect addresses.  Angry customers.  It's an easy fix!  Please allow Google Autocomplete now.

megatronman
1 0 0

Can someone from Shopify give us an update on if and when you plan to roll this out in the UK? 

We built our own solution for address lookup using the Google Analytics additional JavaScript field, but now this has been restricted we have no way to allow customers to lookup their address.

If there is no date for Goolge Autocomplete rollout in the UK the only solution seems to be to upgrade to Shopify Plus in order to implement a custom solution on the checkout pages.

0 Likes
Kashikar
1 0 0

For those who built custom js solution to get UK autocomplete running, have you come across Argo App Extensions for the same need? It’s recent and can offer a way to load custom liquid snippets anywhere!

0 Likes