Google Address Autocomplete

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi,

Does Google Address Autocomplete work for anyone? I remember an article on Shopify statring this would be rolled out worldwide late in 2017 but it doesn't happen on either of our stores with shopify.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 142

Hi there,

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting!

Great question! This  feature has indeed been rolled out to 100% of stores (as of October 2017).
I would first just like to make sure that you have added this based on the instructions in our guide here.
Under your admin> settings > checkout > order processing, it should appear like so:

While this is available to all stores, it's functionality is not yet available for all customers globally. However we do hope to expand on this, and will be adding this to more countries steadily in future. 

At present, it is available for customers purchasing from: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Brazil, Spain and France. 

Some countries such as UK for example, are not included at present due to inaccuracies when polling address data.

I hope this helps, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Katy, thanks for the quick reply.

We are based in the UK, so that will be why it's not working then.

Another Shopify employee commented on a different discussion that the UK was included in the rollout, which is why I was wondering why it wasn't working for us.

Do you know when it might be available to to stores in the UK?

Thanks,

Laurence

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 142

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for clarifying this for me, and also apologies for any confusion.

Would you have a link to where you have found this info previously, so that I can take a look and possibly add a note to help clarify? 

In certain cases it can be difficult to validate addresses within the UK, so it is something we are working on before we are able to release the feature there. This is to prevent possible mix ups, which could result in return orders, for your business. 

However, I have gone ahead and added your details here as a feature request. 

Katy 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an autocomplete for taking orders in the backend of shopify? Taking phone orders is painful when its hard to understand customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

Hi @Katy 

I wanted to know wuen will the address autocomplete be available in Argentina? 

In case it's not available yet, wich options do I have to validate addresses on the checkout? (even if it's with an app.. I heard some of those apps are currently not working since the launch of the official validation you made)

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 142

Hi, @Bart5 

Thank you for chiming in here- and apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this!

It is not possible to verify addresses from the Shopify admin when creating draft orders. However this is a great suggestion, and one that I can certainly pass on to our developers on your behalf.

In the mean time, as an alternative perhaps you could place the order publicly on your site when placing orders over the phone? This would still go through to your admin > orders as usual, and may serve as a workaround for you?

Hi, @elmasiii 

Thanks so much for posting also. I'm afraid that I do not have a timeline for when this feature will be available in Argentina. However more countries have indeed been added (Italy, Denmark, Hong Kong, and The Netherlands) since this thread was posted initially. We do hope to keep adding more countries as each address structure is validated and the information we have is accurate. You can keep an eye on this in our blog announcements here

This feature shouldn't affect certain apps. Do you have an example of an app you have tried or an error you have noticed as a result?

I have taken a look and there is one app which works with address validation in Argentina:

You can see an example of this in action here

There is also another - Address validator - though not yet available in Argentina they too are working on expanding their services. It might be worth reaching out to them directly to check on this if you have time.

Do have a look, and feel free let me know if you have any questions regarding any of this. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2 0 0
Katy,

Thanks for your answer.

Streetify is not working (i just wrote to their support team to see if they
can help!)
Maybe it's only for shopify+ users?

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 142

Thanks for your reply @elmasiii 

It should be available for users on standard plans too.

I have placed a test using the example store, and it seems to be working ok. Though it's great that you have reached out to them regarding the set up/functionality on your own store.

Feel free to let me know how this goes for you, or if I can be of any help here in contacting them.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1054 0 58

@Katy  Do you know when it will be rolling out to other countries? More specifically to México?

I just saw the new additions to the autocomplete. I searched on the Shopify Blog but no new post about the autocomplete has been posted since the 07 post when it came out. Where could we keep track of the countries available for this feature? 

0 Likes