Google Address Autocomplete

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 145

Hi, @Anonymous !

Thanks for joining in here.

I am afraid that I do not have country specific updates on this at this time. However we are still working on bringing this feature to more locations.

Apologies for any confusion on my part from my reply above. Generally speaking our announcements blog would be the best place to follow our feature updates, as well as our news board here.

However as this feature has already been released, updates may not appear on a blog post with the addition of each individual country. Though it will be updated periodically within our help center guide here.

I hope this helps you out when keeping track!

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Katy

Aug 2019 - I am setting up our new shop and can see from the various threads that the Address Autocomplete function didn't work last year for the UK.  I am based in the UK and cannot get autocomplete to work, so can you confirm whether or not the Uk will actually get the address autocomplete function and if so when?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 145

Hi, @Pete-H !

Thank you for joining in here.

I understand how this feature is important to you, and how you feel it would benefit your business. It is something that we do hope to have available for more locations. However, I do not have an exact release date or time frame on this. The best thing that I can advise in this case would be to keep an eye on both our product updates and specific Help Center guide.

With an autocomplete feature the addresses need to be 100% exact. This is to ensure that we protect your customers (so that correct addresses are displayed to prevent shipping errors), and also to protect your business (to help avoid any potential chargebacks which may result from incorrect entries or undelivered mail). This varies from country to country. We are aware that this is a popular feature request and will continue to look into alternatives. Until then buyers will be asked to manually complete their info if not presented with an autocomplete option.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this - I will be sure to pass it along to our internal team.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a use case where Google Autocomplete is changing a users city based on the zip to an incorrect city. Has anyone else encountered this issue? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 145

Hi, @Mikal !

Thank you for joining in here, and I am sorry to hear this.

I have sent you an email so as to verify your store details and to look into this more closely. If you could reply to me when you can, that would be great.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi!

Is this possible to use this feature on the customer account page?

There is a form where they can edit their address, add more addresses etc. It would be great to use this autocomplete feature there too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi - do we know if this is available in the UK yet?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi @Katy 

I live in Uganda and I have a problem with having the autocomplete feature on my checkout page.

I understand that the address autocomplete feature is not yet available to every user in every country. And that is why I would like to have a Shopify staff/expert help me to add the code that can enable me to have that feature on my checkout page so that I can provide a great customer experience.

People are now used to having the autocomplete ability when putting their address coz most online companies have that enabled and I believe having that feature on my store could dramatically boost my conversions and that is why I'm very concerned about it.

I have contacted Shopify support before and requested for this feature like 2 months ago but didn't see any update from them.

If this is something you can help me on, Kindly email me on Kamalmoha62@gmail.com  OR send me your email so that we can get in contact and hopefully find a solution to this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

We really need Address Autocomplete in ARGENTINA. 

Here's the reason:

Similar to the US, where there's the "Washington state" and "Washington DC"; Argentina has two "Provinces" with a very similar name: "Buenos Aires" and "Buenos Aires city". "Buenos Aires" is a whole province the size of various European countries together. "Buenos Aires city" is the capital of the country and it's an autonomous region. That's why it is shown as a province.

Half of Argentina customers will CHOOSE WRONG. They would normally choose "Buenos Aires" (for the province) instead of "Buenos Aires City", which ends up in the best case in a shipping nightmare, but normally in a plethora of abandoned carts and lost sales because people aren't shown the right shipping rates.

Google-powered Address Autocomplete, which works really well in Argentina, would completely solve this problem.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
37 1 31

Hi Katy, 

With the new Local Deliveries feature by Shopify (not to be confused with Local Pickup) this feature is becoming even more important. I understand that the feature is rolled out for merchants all over the world since 2017 - but three years later, it still isn't rolled out for customer addresses.

We really do need this for reducing customer errors when typing in addresses soon. We operate in Poland.

0 Likes