Google Address Autocomplete

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi - can we please have an update on the UK integration of this feature? Two years and counting since your team were 'reviewing'

I understand that sometimes polling data isn't perfect, but it's a MILLION times better than the mistakes that people can make by mis-typing/misunderstanding the address form, or when their phones autocomplete with a random address from the memory...as is increasingly happening.

I would much rather Google Map's success rate than this.

Thank you

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 2

Yes, it would be good to see something in the UK after all this time.  Great platform overall so far, but it seems a little strange that this feature appears so difficult to implement when other sites in the UK have address autocomplete available to them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Katy! 

If Google Address Autocomplete is not available in my Country (Mexico), can I code it in using the API from google places? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi 

I've enabled the address auto-complete, but it does not appear to work.

My store is in South Africa.

And I have seen other sites (maybe not shopify ones) have that function enabled.

Does it work in South Africa?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there

With google validation set up, we are still finding we are needing to manually reconcile addresses for our 3PL. Is there a way to make google addresses mandatory field so that customers cannot edit the fields to non standard things?

thanks

ellie 

0 Likes