Google Analytics - Getting error code when I try to post script

2 0 0

Why am I getting this error when I try to post a script in the google analytics box? 'Analytics snippet does not look valid (UA-xxxx-x)'."

What can I do to solve this? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2396 163 351

Hi Jenny, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

From what you have said it sounds like the error is because the Google Analytics snippet of code you have put in is either not valid or correct. Your best bet here might be to double check it is correct and maybe repeat the process to be sure. I took a look for you and found the guide Shopify has on this going through all the steps on this which you can see here

Hopefully the guide can help you and get this right, but if you try again and it doesn't work, don't hesitate to let me know in a reply and we can take a closer look into why this might be happening. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi, I followed the guide that you have posted. Then also I get same error. How will I solve this issue?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Have you resolved this issue or received a response? I'm having the same challenge. Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Go back to google analytics(GA) click the "?"(help button) in the top right hand corner, click get started with analytics. Even if you have created one before, just create a new property by following the directions on there and you will get a new code to enter in the box on shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

i had the same issue.

I created a new property and selected web only (previously i selected both app and web).

this time the jtag format included US-XXXX-X vs the previous one was G-XXXX)

i hope this helps.

Goodluck

0 Likes