Google Analytics - Getting error code when I try to post script

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am also getting the same problem. I believe this is because google has upgraded analytics and gives a g-code instead of a UT code. I do not have a UT code as we have signed up after the update. Why does my G code not work? Would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you so much!

I spent over two hours trying to solve this issue until I found your post.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you. Tried everything nut kept getting an error and then saw your suggestion. 

It works now. 

Highlighted
1 0 0

This is really work! Thank you so much! last tried was at 31/10/20

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you! this works

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've been on hours with this now.  I've done all the things advised in this thread. Including getting the code and still getting the same error message when I copy and paste it on my store. 🤦🤦🤦

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick, Oops You are shopify Moderator, Even you did not have information that the google analytics launch new Global Site Tag (gtag.js) , which does not contain UA-XXX format. Kindly fix the error with themes, so that we can use new analytics technology of google that is Global Site Tag (gtag.js)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you so much!!! 

Find merchant crypto here!

ร้านค้า บิทคอยน์ คริปโต
https://classemap.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, A little more detail since I just had to do this myself...

When setting up the property:

1. Click Show Advanced Options
  2. Click the slider at right to Turn on Create a Universal Analytics property
  3. Enter site URL
  4. Select Create a Universal Analytics property only OR Selected the Option to Create BOTH
  5. If you select the option to create both, just note that you will create two properties.  To get to the UA tag (the one that works for Shopify) you need to make sure that the correct property is selected.
  6. You will find the code under "Track Info" -> "Tracking Code"

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick: 

I have the same issue and i have looked for a way to fix it all day. Doesn't matter what I do it doesn't want to vinculate my Google Analytics account with my online store. What can I do? I have already tried creating another Analytics account but I find everytime the same issue. Maybe its something I'm doing wrong but I have checked several times the instructions that are on Shopify and I think I'm doing correctly. What can I do?

Thank you!

RomitoPaUsted

0 Likes