Google Analytics Tracking Code on Your Site Looks Malformed Message

CJLandry
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello, 

I changed themes a few months ago ( from Startup to Alantic) and was wondering if there is anything I need to do as far as Google analytics goes, or Google domain verification. I received an email from Google Merchant Center telling me that:  "you have lost your website URL claim in your Google Merchant Center". In the process of trying to verify and reclaim it through the Google Merchant Center,  using the " I have a Google Analytics account" option,  I choose this option and "Verify URL", and receive back a message: "The Google Analytics tracking code on your website looks malformed.", so I am wondering if in transferring to the new theme somehow the Google Analytics tracking code and Google domain verification code got left behind somehow?. I do notice that under Preferences I can see the Google analytics UA code. Has anyone come across this issue ?

PetRevolution
1 0 0

I had the same issue as of a few days ago.

0 Likes
AnotherSB
4 0 0

Did you get any support on that? 

I was well able to configure Google Analytics on my shopify website but I am unable to add Google Search Console despite adding the right analytics tag in the theme code and the analytics tracking number in the preferences, i keep on having the same message from Google Search Console. 

The Google Analytics tracking code on your site looks malformed. Learn more
0 Likes
Erwin-Sunhats
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello, 

I have the same issue with my site when wanting to add it to Google Search Console and validate. Can anyone from Support answer this question?

Thank you

0 Likes
cherieamour
1 0 1

I was having the same issue, you can solve it by following this solution published by Shopify.

When on GSC select the HTML tag option and use this short code to insert below the theme head tag. Give it a few minutes or even an hour before you try to verify it, as it might not work immediately.

ZubairGhafoor
1 0 0

Absolutely the best and perfect solution 

my issue removed 

many thanks 

Zubair Ghafoor 

0 Likes