Google Customer Reviews

Highlighted
Tourist
11 2 0

Hey,

Do I absolutely have to use the opt-in code/function on my checkout page? 

We currently collect google reviews by using Mailchimp, we have an automated email sent out to customers xx days after they've received their product. In the email, it is linked to our GMB page asking them to review. So we do not want this review opt in code for our customers on our checkout page. 

We only want the badge code on our website to display our ratings. 

Currently, we have over 150+ reviews and we tried to implement the badge code on our website and the box shows up but with no ratings. 

Is it possible that there is just a delay for our rating to show up or do we have to use the opt-in to make the badge code work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 2 0

@Josh_Uebergang 

Hey,

Do I absolutely have to use the opt-in code/function on my checkout page? 

We currently collect google reviews by using Mailchimp, we have an automated email sent out to customers xx days after they've received their product. In the email, it is linked to our GMB page asking them to review. So we do not want this review opt in code for our customers on our checkout page. 

We only want the badge code on our website to display our ratings. 

Currently, we have over 150+ reviews and we tried to implement the badge code on our website and the box shows up but with no ratings. 

Is it possible that there is just a delay for our rating to show up or do we have to use the opt-in to make the badge code work?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asking for a review via Google My Business is completely different to Google Customer Reviews. You can see my tutorial for what Google Customer Reviews is in Shopify. So first, you need to decide which one you want to use. You may want to use both.

Stores with a retail front should have at least 10 good reviews on GMB to help build trust from possible SERP when the GMB snippet is displayed.

For Google Customer Reviews, it isn't enough to have over 150 reviews. You need the reviews to be in a 12 month timeline. You can review Merchant Center to see if you are eligible for Seller Ratings, which is how you know when you have enough reviews via the platform.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 2 0

@Josh_Uebergang 

I understand which brings me to another question:

Is there a way to integrate/embed in our Shopify store, a similar badge or just visually show our GMB star ratings? 

I know there is Javascript code that can automatically show the reviews made in GMB but we only want the star rating to show.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not that I know of. An alternative is to get something designed that aims to replicate it. I don't know if there's an API for it, so check that. If there isn't, you'd want a settings in your theme options to be able to update the review number so it's reflective and accurate of the live GMB review data.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Josh, 

Where to paste the code of "Google Customer Review Survey Opt-in Module" in Shopify?  Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi,

You can display your Google My Business reviews using Google Reviews & Rating Widget app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you very much for your insightful article. We're able to integrate this easily into our store Flower Station Dubai within a few minutes.

0 Likes