Hey guys, So I cannot get my site indexed on google and it's been live since August. It says "URL IS NOT ON GOOGLE - This page is not in the index, but not because of an error." The index coverage says "discovered - currently not indexed" for the last 3 weeks. I feel like I've tried everything, spent way too many hours researching and troubleshooting. I have 2 pages that Google has indexed. 1 product (of 30) and my review page (just a body of text explaining my review process). My descriptions and many of my photos are unique. and the 2 pages that were indexed have now fallen far down the ranks as I have spent all my time researching and trying to get the other 30+ pages indexed, not optimizing or uploading new content or videos. So far what I remember doing is
- Linking my site with Google Analytics. then Analytics to Search Console (TXT record isn't working in DNS settings)
-submitted a sitemap on Oct.1
- Manually added each page of my site to search console w/ URL inspection tool, then request indexing
-Live URL for my main domain/ homepage says "URL available to google" "URL will be indexed only if certain conditions are met". It was crawled today by Googlebot smartphone, crawl allowed = yes, fetch = successful and index allowed = yes
-I don't know how it's done properly, and I haven't added any robot.txt files to my site manually. But How do I check if any robot.txt files are blocking Googlebot?
BUT I AM NOT INDEXED! so I cannot place ads, I cannot move forward at all because what's the point if no one can find me?! I've had this site since June! I am very close to redoing everything on WIX or Squarespace. I do not want to as I've wanted to work with as many Canadian companies as possible, not to mention I'm already set up. I just want to add on, not restart! Any Help is really appreciated!
Nope, But I did have gotten further, I have been able to properly verify my domain in Search Console. I had to register a Gsuite Email (look up how to downgrade to basic starter after the trial ends) then I was able to link my Domain DNS TXT record with Search Console.
From there I created a proper domain sitemap. So now it knows I have 36 URL pages, not 8. However our timing is horrible, Google is updating they're platform, and the "Request Indexing" feature is temporarily disabled (they said a couple weeks, last week). So you just have to wait for it to happen organically before you get some data. I just got some results backs RIGHT NOW, and I am indexed BABYY!! Only about 100 hours later of research and trial' and error (completely Green going into this) however, I've learned a lot.
I don't know how to read HTML either, but I am going to do a basic's course on Skill Share. I recommend as 1 major problem with the Indexing on my page was the "Paypal Express Checkout" button. If you use URL Inspection Tool, Punch in a product page URL, then go into "Test Live URL", Then look up your "Warnings Tab", any warning you click, you can see the HTML code, I just looked for anything with "robot.txt" in it, an app or something I was thinking maybe enabled it (robot.txt will force block GoogleBot from crawling your page, and so it can't index). Like i said I don't know HTML, but I was able to see "PayPal Express Checkout" was forcing the Robot.txt block.
So In my payment settings, I just unchecked Paypal Express and then I figured out how to properly verify my domain (I thought my domain was verified, but it was only a page via "URL Prefix" method on Search Console). Shopify does actually have a free customer service hidden past the shopify experts page, took me a while to find, but once I did she was very helpful. Pointed me in the right direction, as I was just shooting with a blindfold on, prior to that.