Google Maps: "Error looking up that address"

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm experiencing the same problem and the above solutions didn't work for me either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Andrew,

No, Shopify blamed Google on the issue, although I have checked and everything is okay with my address showing on Google. The issue has never been resolved. 

Thanks,

Maria

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3172 239 528

Hi @mariagogoleva & @Andrew_Doan,

Shopify presents this error when the shipping from field does not match what the postal service has on file. You would get the error "Your store's shipping address couldn't be verified" when the physical address they have entered in Settings > Shipping into the Shipping from field does not match the information in Google and should look something along the lines of the screenshot below: 

19-10-xtl20-72k1c

My guess would be the app is not verified or that there is something very small off with it, as simple as the postal code or one letter being lower or upper case, this is something which Shopify doesn't control and thus can't action a fix for. I spoke to our higher technical team who suggested to report the error to Google directly via the link here. Hopefully this works. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

In particular, you need to enable the Geocoding API.   This API is what converts and address into a geolocation.

https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/library/geocoding-backend.googleapis.com?q=geocod&id=42fea2de-...

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having this issue and I have done everything that has been suggested ...and I am still getting the same error

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 1.02.42 am.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3172 239 528

Hi @Kalti,

Just to confirm if you have generated a new Google Maps key for this? If you haven't that could be the problem. Could you follow the steps in the help guide for Registering a Google Maps API Key here and then let me know if that works for you please? 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Kalti, 

I had a similar issue. After going through every single page, I discovered on Shopify's instructions to make sure you have your billing account linked with Google Service. This will still be under a trial basis and won't take money out of your account until you manually upgrade to this. Your account will have a $300 trial credit to use. Hope this works for you as it did for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I am still having similar problems. I have created new api keys, new profile and new api key's. I have both javascript map and geocodng apis enabled and added api key several different times. Every time it does not work and it does feel like a Shopify issue because if I click the Get Directions it opens and locates absolutely fine in Google Maps. Spent hours on this and getting exasperated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello @opalepatrick,

I suggest you try the advice given above by @iamnotkiran. This is my personal account.

I had a similar issue and tried everything until I found the advice by shopify as their tips. By simply registering a card in payment / billing, not necessarily paying for anything solved this issue for me. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I should have emntioned that I already have apyment with credit card set up.

0 Likes