Solved

Google My Business product feed

NSEImports
Excursionist
33 0 10

Hello fellow Shopifiers 🙂

I've been looking around for an app that will let me push products from the store to my Google My Business page (like Pinterest, Google Shopping feeds), just to be awkward Google keep this seperate from Google Shopping so you can't tie them together. If I can automate that step it would help keep it fresh and save me work.

Any suggestions?

Doing many things all day everyday
Accepted Solution (1)

KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 115

This is an accepted solution.

I've been waiting for GMB to add a ProductList and ProductItem (or similar) as a Type in the API to make this possible. Currently it doesn't exist within their API, so this probably explains the lack of apps and automations to do this for you. They have a ServiceList and ServiceItem types though.

Usually I just manual upload the top products from a store. 

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 484

Dear @NSEImports 

Better to use custom app

NSEImports
Excursionist
33 0 10

It may come to that, be nicer if there was an app already on the store. otherwise it appears to something that no one has really considered looking into. A lot of these web address book services have product pages that could be used but it depends on how effective they would be at bringing results in and generating those all important search results and SEO metrics.

For Example you have Google My Business, Bing for Business (which can pickup Google My Business info), Yell and others that all allow you to upload product images with links and keywords.

Might be an interesting side project to see if any of them support API's for adding data...

KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 115

This is an accepted solution.

I've been waiting for GMB to add a ProductList and ProductItem (or similar) as a Type in the API to make this possible. Currently it doesn't exist within their API, so this probably explains the lack of apps and automations to do this for you. They have a ServiceList and ServiceItem types though.

Usually I just manual upload the top products from a store. 

NSEImports
Excursionist
33 0 10

Thanks Kieran,

That explains it then, you would think that if you have Google Shopping set up they would let you tie it in, that makes the most obvious sense (but maybe it's too simple) that would let then let you get a 3-in-1 solution, Google Shopping, GMB and Bing Business which absorbs your GMB data all from a master source.. but maybe it will never be 😞

KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 115

Yeah if it could take a product feed that would be easy.