Google Product Category

Ethan_Clauset
Tourist
11 0 11

Is there any way to bulk-edit items' Google Product Category?  Right now it appears that the only way to set the Google Product Category is to edit each item individually, and the Google Shopping app is extremely slow to load the category options.  The page loads pretty quickly but the category options take another full minute or more to load.

0 Likes
Yasmin_M_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

Hi Ethan, 

You can export your products to a CSV file and edit them in bulk before re-importing. Here's our guide on using CSVs, there is a column for Google Product Category: https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/import-export

Don't hesitate to contact our support team if you need any help with this: https://support.shopify.com/

Hope this helps!

Yasmin 

0 Likes
Дарина_Райчева
1 0 0

Hello, 

I've uploaded my product feed for Facebook from Shopify, but appears the following: A product is missing a field: "google_product_category" .

I've found that I can fix this problem by installing a new app in Shopify ''Google Shopping'' to add the missing field. But it seems that my country Bulgaria, and its currency BGN aren't supported. 

Please, let me know how can I fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Darina

0 Likes
Charles13
Excursionist
24 0 5

HI Guys,

I am using bulk editor to add the google_product_category to all my products it is very fast indeed, but I have one question.

If I am adding the category do I add the full path for example:

sporting goods > outdoor recreation > equestrian > riding clothing & accessories > riding trousers

or do I just add "riding trousers"

Thanks

Charles

Adam_Ford
Tourist
6 0 1

You need to use path format

0 Likes
Tudor_Pangal
1 0 0

Charles,

What is this bulk editor that you speak of? :-)

Tudor

0 Likes
suzysrj
2 0 0

I am unable to bulk edit the Google Product Category when I select multiple products.

It works fine when I edit 1 product.

I have 400 products so REALLY want to figure out how to use the bulk editor to set the GPC on multiple at a time.

Thanks!

0 Likes
bubblelounge
3 0 0

Can someone tell me how I can bulk edit my product list for Facebook shop without having to add a Google Product Category to each one?

0 Likes
PrimRenditions
2 0 2

I would REALLY like to know this as well.  I was told by a guru that a needed to bulk edit GPCs using a PAID app, but I reel feel like this functionality should be available in bulk editor.  Or even better, would be GREAT if there was a way to assign a GPC per COLLECTION, such that all products in that collection were assigned the same GPC.  Look forward to a response from Shopify.

suzysrj
2 0 0

< crickets >

0 Likes